MD Would I be hurting myself by not using Anking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taeyeonlover

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a second year MD student. Would like to take step 1 next year May. I would like to study little by little until I take the exam starting now and so I thought about going through Anking deck. Since a lot of the stuff in Anking matches well with my current classes, I can unsuspend the cards related to class material. I am sure that this would help me with being successful in classes too.

But considering that Anking is quite large, I am not sure if I can finish the deck by the time step 1 exam rolls around.

Would I be hurting myself by using other step 1 decks? Should I just try to do as much of anking as I can? Are there any good step 1 decks out there that are not as heavy as anking?

Members don't see this ad.

It’s not necessary to do all of anking to pass step 1. For step 1 I recommend pepper for micro and pharm and some anking biochem.

It’s not necessary to do all of anking to pass step 1. For step 1 I recommend pepper for micro and pharm and some anking biochem.
How does pepper for micro and pharm compare to the Lolnotacop component of Anking?

Members don't see this ad :)

Have you ever used lightyear deck? How is this one? I really like bnb and I heard that that deck is based on it.

I got 25x by using exclusively UFAP, but my friends who Anki’d got 260-270. You can do fine without it but if you want to be a super high scorer you should probably stick with Anki.

I got 25x by using exclusively UFAP, but my friends who Anki’d got 260-270. You can do fine without it but if you want to be a super high scorer you should probably stick with Anki.
OP will be taking the exam P/F.

Have you ever used lightyear deck? How is this one? I really like bnb and I heard that that deck is based on it.
I used lightyear for some biochem and it was decent. However, there's a good biochem deck floating around on reddit made from the high-yield anking cards that I would recommend over lightyear.

Edit: PM'd you the link

Last edited:
Nah if you haven't started already with step 1 p/f

You might be hurting yourself if you don't, but Anking will definitely hurt you if you do.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users