WMAC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eric4681

Reaction score
Date of submission: Haven't applied yet. Want to start creating a list of realistic schools to apply to.
Overall GPA: 4.00
Science GPA: 4.00
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 4.00
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 23AA (23BIO 23GC 21OC 19RC 27QR) 22TS 24PAT
State of Residence: Indiana
Major: Chemistry and Spanish
Shadowing Experience: 80 hours but they are paid so I don't know if they count
Volunteering Experience: 50 hours (Hospital, Food bank)
Employment: Around 10hr/week at a dental school (work in the office, helping with filing and emailing)
Research: Been researching with a grad student since first semester of undergrad (no publications)
Other Extracurriculars: Collegiate Track & Field
Relevant Honors or Awards: Various academic awards based off of GPA
LOR type and strength: Will ask my dentist who I am close with and my PI
School list (Haven't applied yet, but this is a list of schools that I am thinking about):
Columbia
UPenn
Harvard
UCLA
UCSF
USC
IU
BU
CWRU
UMD
CWRU
OHSU
Marquette

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Date of submission: Haven't applied yet. Want to start creating a list of realistic schools to apply to.
Overall GPA: 4.00
Science GPA: 4.00
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 4.00
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 23AA (23BIO 23GC 21OC 19RC 27QR) 22TS 24PAT
State of Residence: Indiana
Major: Chemistry and Spanish
Shadowing Experience: 80 hours but they are paid so I don't know if they count
Volunteering Experience: 50 hours (Hospital, Food bank)
Employment: Around 10hr/week at a dental school (work in the office, helping with filing and emailing)
Research: Been researching with a grad student since first semester of undergrad (no publications)
Other Extracurriculars: Collegiate Track & Field
Relevant Honors or Awards: Various academic awards based off of GPA
LOR type and strength: Will ask my dentist who I am close with and my PI
School list (Haven't applied yet, but this is a list of schools that I am thinking about):
Columbia
UPenn
Harvard
UCLA
UCSF
USC
IU
BU
CWRU
UMD
CWRU
OHSU
Marquette
why haven't you applied yet?

Also, why are you applying to these expensive schools? Nobody cares where you went to dental school. And you can get into any specialty from any dental school. You have great numbers -- apply to the cheapest schools and you'll get in and save your future self a ton of headache

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would not be sure about the Ivy Schools. You don't have much research or anything to stand out other than metrics, which are not the only criteria. I would have suggested U of P but not the other UC dental schools unless you absolutely wanted to go there and assume the high COA, especially USC. I don't get the OHSU or UMD programs on your list... missing mission fit.

You need to read the LOR requirements.