Will accepting multiple auditions during COVID hurt my chances for derm?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Howdy y'all. I am a long shot applicant who is lucky to have two auditions on the books and a third offered. The reason I accepted 2 instead of 1 (as the current recommendation goes) is because the second program will only consider you as an applicant if you rotate through. As an osteopathic student with a 242 step 1 and 272 step 2, no publications or research, and no academic mentorship (I was late to the party). I do pretty well to make connections in person so I know that auditions are advantageous for me. However, there is the major problem of equity in opportunities this year, and I'm wondering whether or not I should accept the third offer.

Input is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Howdy y'all. I am a long shot applicant who is lucky to have two auditions on the books and a third offered. The reason I accepted 2 instead of 1 (as the current recommendation goes) is because the second program will only consider you as an applicant if you rotate through. As an osteopathic student with a 242 step 1 and 272 step 2, no publications or research, and no academic mentorship (I was late to the party). I do pretty well to make connections in person so I know that auditions are advantageous for me. However, there is the major problem of equity in opportunities this year, and I'm wondering whether or not I should accept the third offer.

Input is greatly appreciated.

Imo places seem to be taking more and more students as the year goes on. Maybe that’s biased since I’ve done all my auditions at community or former AOA programs (though not in derm). I’d recommend asking the programs you’re auditioning at, especially the third one, if they feel having those auditions will effect you negatively and if they put a lot of weight on auditions. If they say they primarily pull from their auditioners you have a fairly good shot at one of them if you audition well and mesh with the program. Just my 2 cents!