Which credit is best to choose?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

An Sjsjs

Reaction score
I have Calc I, Calc II, And Stats I and II credit. I can only pick two-3 of the 4 due to credit( AP exam limiting) for this school. Which credits would be best to pick for med schools to allow me the best chance at a wide range of MDs?

Members don't see this ad.

So stats and Calc I works? No Calc II needed in your opinion..?

Members don't see this ad :)
So stats and Calc I works? No Calc II needed in your opinion..?
Calc is no longer needed for medical school (most places).
Stats is important for being a doctor, not just for getting into medical school.

Reactions: 1 user
Got it thank you- if I use my AP stats credit and Calc I AP credit from HS and don’t take any more maths/stats in college will adcoms care? Just wondering. Same with Psychology.

Got it thank you- if I use my AP stats credit and Calc I AP credit from HS and don’t take any more maths/stats in college will adcoms care? Just wondering. Same with Psychology.
Some schools care in that they don't take AP credit. Others are more "competency-based" and don't care so much. Just a warning.

To that end, take the calculus credit and retake stats according to your chosen major (be it psych-stats or bio-stats).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Would recommend taking Biostats in college just to alleviate the concern that some med schools don’t accept AP credits for pre-reqs. It should be an easy A of you already took AP stats.

Reactions: 1 users