This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lesil

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have finished my secondary applications to about 10 medical schools during the summer. I got one rejection and one interview. I went to the interview and got rejected. It is December. When will I hear back from the other schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I have finished my secondary applications to about 10 medical schools during the summer. I got one rejection and one interview. I went to the interview and got rejected. It is December. When will I hear back from the other schools?
Anytime between today and the end of the cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
What are your stats/ ECS? what schools did you apply to? Why so few?

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools interview through February or, in some cases, early March. If you don't get an interview invitation by March you can assume you will not be attending that school.

Schools aren't obliged to give you any sort of final answer. Some will send rejections throughout the cycle, some will send all in a batch in Spring, and some will never send any. If you're curious the best thing to do is look through previous school-specific threads to get an idea of how last year's cycles went.

Reactions: 2 users
Start working on Plan B
So is that part of the Thanksgiving rule, where no news is good news up until thanks giving, then no news is bad news.

Reactions: 1 user