When should I submit my application for dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrobert7

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a graduate student in the process of applying to school. I was wondering how I should go about submitting my application. My spring semester of my program does not end until July 3rd. I was wondering if I should submit my application in the upcoming days and have AADSAS calculate my GPA without my spring semester grades. Or, should I wait until my spring semester grades are updated on my transcript to submit my application. By choosing the latter option, AADSAS will calculate my GPA with all of my masters grades. If I choose the first option, my spring grades/updated GPA will not be available to dental schools until the academic update on August 14th correct? Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the first academic update may not be until November?

Anyways, it is based on your decision as to whether or not your GPA as is is competitive enough. If you feel comfortable with your GPA now, submitting now should not be a problem. But otherwise, if your grades do not get posted until mid July, submitting then should not be the deal breaker.

Hey Mr.Robert!

It depends. If it's a HUGE difference then I would wait, it may put you behind the 8ball a bit, but if you have solid stats (good DAT and GPA) I think grabbing an interview is not going to be as difficult. Could you possibly talk to the school to get your grades up and running faster by any chance? I would talk to them too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the first academic update may not be until November?

Anyways, it is based on your decision as to whether or not your GPA as is is competitive enough. If you feel comfortable with your GPA now, submitting now should not be a problem. But otherwise, if your grades do not get posted until mid July, submitting then should not be the deal breaker.
There are 2 academic update periods this year. First one is in August.

Reactions: 1 user