What will it take for pharmacy schools to shut down?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacy is a Scam

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
As title says. ACPE clearly wants nothing to do with this business and APhA (aka Brad Tice) cares only about controlling what comes out on the front end of the water faucet.

Realistically speaking, if ACPE and APhA aren’t going to do anything about limiting pharmacy school class sizes/improving quality of education, then what’s it going to take? Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

shut down or not to shut down, why bother beating a dead horse? :beat:
Amazon or other promising tech startups will come into play, and in the next decade or so, there probably won't even be a profession called "community pharmacist". ACPE and all pharm schools will inevitably shut down due to lack of demand:p

Reactions: 1 user
The markets are already doing it for them. Just takes a little more time

Members don't see this ad :)
As title says. ACPE clearly wants nothing to do with this business and APhA (aka Brad Tice) cares only about controlling what comes out on the front end of the water faucet.

Realistically speaking, if ACPE and APhA aren’t going to do anything about limiting pharmacy school class sizes/improving quality of education, then what’s it going to take? Thoughts?

If you really want to make a difference, students need to drop out AND new students must decrease. Revenue for these degree mills has to stop or they keep going.

An organized effort to inform all P1-P3 of the current situation would cause some students to reconsider going back for the next semester. Perhaps an email blast or mail blast with harrowing stories of ruined lives and unemployment.

Lots of colleges already cutting class size. If a new student is dead set on this field and refuses to use SDN and Reddit they are in for a ride!

shut down or not to shut down, why bother beating a dead horse? :beat:
Amazon or other promising tech startups will come into play, and in the next decade or so, there probably won't even be a profession called "community pharmacist". ACPE and all pharm schools will inevitably shut down due to lack of demand:p
america is doom not Canada

They pay good for software engineers too. Especially in U.K. You can still be part of the anglo world. I'm trying for city states as back up

America is doom in pharmacy but doesn't mean other countries are
go to toronto and check it out man, i think it might even worse up there.
canada doesn't have much population to begin with, and it heavily relies on public payer.

They pay good for software engineers too. Especially in U.K. You can still be part of the anglo world. I'm trying for city states as back up
doesn't UK and France pay the least for software engineers? I have read some stats on the pay gap.

Pharmacist salary at 90;000 chf which is equal to one dollar about. Finance at 120k all the Germans are leaving Germany for Swiss
You just need to learn french and a Germanic lanauage like English

Members don't see this ad :)
go to toronto and check it out man, i think it might even worse up there.
canada doesn't have much population to begin with, and it heavily relies on public payer.
Of course it's all useless land with most people living in a few city'. But it's liberal land!

Of course it's all useless land with most people living in a few city'. But it's liberal land!
yeah, a bunch of weed-smoking, trump-hating SJWs o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
What will it take for universities to stop giving out psychology and women's studies degrees? As long as dumb people pay $$$ the gravy train will continue.

Reactions: 2 users
What will it take for universities to stop giving out psychology and women's studies degrees? As long as dumb people pay $$$ the gravy train will continue.
Gender studies, polisci, art history, all those garbage majors...

Political science is important. Especially international relations if you want To be a diplomat and prevent war and see the geopolitical actions of America enemies

Pharmacists are important too. Just not when we crank out 15k of them a year. Same principle with polisci majors. Don’t need obscenely numbers of them every year.

Reactions: 1 users
Pharmacists are important too. Just not when we crank out 15k of them a year. Same principle with polisci majors. Don’t need obscenely numbers of them every year.
That's just supply and demand. Most political scientist go on to be lawyers or diplomats and politican. You need it to change the country. None of the far right and left wacko stuff now

That's just supply and demand. Most political scientist go on to be lawyers or diplomats and politican. You need it to change the country. None of the far right and left wacko stuff now

And I wonder if saturation exists in law And clearly, based on the current state of politics, that major didn’t attract the bright and best...

If you want to know why people start wars you should def look into political science. Why countries start wars, multipolarity, bipolarity and unipolarity world. You will find out which world causes the most death and genocide. While bipolarity with USA vs Russia has more negotiation and less war. Multipolarity like germany, Italy, Japan or other great powers have more people to neigotate with. When negotiation breaks down you have world war, fun

Right now in a unipolarity world USA is king with debt but genocides are happening under its watch. You can find when countries start wars it for its survival

I think maybe bc the American eagle mod should look at this. Maybe he will agree. A lot of Washington policies are on it, you should see how America took down Soviet Union with China's help. Today friends is tm enemies

You can find people without web development jobs for a year and finance people are without jobs. With only 33 percent full time jobs in america and 33 at the gig economy it's hunger games. It's just stats

If you want to know why people start wars you should def look into political science. Why countries start wars, multipolarity, bipolarity and unipolarity world. You will find out which world causes the most death and genocide. While bipolarity with USA vs Russia has more negotiation and less war. Multipolarity like germany, Italy, Japan or other great powers have more people to neigotate with. When negotiation breaks down you have world war, fun
if you wanna learn political science, just read off google news and wikipedia. no need to major in that. my cousin majored in international studies, and just based off what i have read over the years as a hobby, i even drafted the outline for one of her final papers and she somehow got an A on it. well again, something interesting doesn't mean someone has to major in it to learn.

Ultimately the government will have to cut off the loan dollars. School administrators and presidents have shown that they are not willing to lower revenue and they will accept whoever walks through the door. I know there have been talks about capping the amount of GradPLUS loans students can take out which would probably hurt enrollment a bit. There's also a chance that student loan forgiveness which most recently has been proposed by Sanders and Warren enacts some sort of cost control mechanisms.

If excessive student lending isn't curtailed then it's probable that a lack of future students due to families having less kids will really put a strain on schools in certain regions such as the midwest and northeast. There's predicted to be up to a 15 percent drop in the college going population coming by the mid 2020s in some areas which will cause a lot of universities to close or merge.

Another thing to look out for is wage growth in other sectors or wage decline in pharmacy. As other fields' wages continue to rise and approach a pharmacist's wage you could see enrollment simply drop off a cliff. I imagine pharmacy schools in high cost of living areas are already losing students to other fields where white collar workers can make $80-100k after a few years experience.

if you wanna learn political science, just read off google news and wikipedia. no need to major in that. my cousin majored in international studies, and just based off what i have read over the years as a hobby, i even drafted the outline for one of her final papers and she somehow got an A on it. well again, something interesting doesn't mean someone has to major in it to learn.
Well I still think it's worth while hahaha sorry to disagree

A cap on graduate plus loans is needed. The lack of a cap has encouraged higher prices as well as the opening of many cash grabbing private schools. Supposedly the president wants to work on that cap but we will see.

When the government stops handing out $200k+ in student loans to anyone with a pulse.

They’ll keep accepting students as long as the funding is available.

3-5 years i think we will see them start dropping out....we have already hit a critical point and are sinking like a stone......