This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lugh

Professional Worrier
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to hear why people chose their specialty and at what moment did they realize they picked the right career.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Second year ortho resident here. Chose it because it was the specialty that made me more excited that anything to get up in the morning. Coming toward the end of getting crushed during second year and I still feel the same. I think being able to be excited about what I was doing despite being absolutely crushed on a 24 hr call at a lvl 1 trauma center is what made me realize it was for me.

Reactions: 4 users
Second year ortho resident here. Chose it because it was the specialty that made me more excited that anything to get up in the morning. Coming toward the end of getting crushed during second year and I still feel the same. I think being able to be excited about what I was doing despite being absolutely crushed on a 24 hr call at a lvl 1 trauma center is what made me realize it was for me.
how do you recommend matching ortho?

I may not count since I’m not a resident yet but…

No matter the long hours or tense/scary moments, OB/GYN is the field that continues to draw me back. There is so many rewarding moments with patients that make it worthwhile as well. I just submitted residency applications so we shall see what happens with the cycle!

Reactions: 2 users