Technology What Tech do You Use in Medical School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RaverMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like some input regarding how you specifically integrate technology into your medical education. Is a fundamental understanding of Excel and Powerpoint an advantage? What mobile applications have helped you study, organize, set goals, etc? Do you find an iPad with a stylus is a viable way to take notes? How do you manage your workflow on your Mac or PC? I'm interested in anything related to technology and how it helps you study or organize in medical school.

In the past year I've gone completely paperless and have never looked back. Here are some examples of software I currently use to achieve this, as well as some I found helpful during undergrad. I am an apple user and have an iPhone 5s, iPad 3 and Macbook Pro.

Evernote (It truly changed my life. Saying Evernote is amazing is an understatement. I use multiple extensions that I won't mention here. I am told OneNote is comparable to Evernote)
1Password (Saves lots of time auto logging passwords and increases security)
Netter's iPad App (Allows manipulation which was an efficient way to study what I needed during undergrad anatomy)
Remote Messages for iPhone (Allows me to text people from my computer which lets me still keep in touch while studying. Requires jailbreaking but will be possible without it in iOS 8)
Fantastical (A very easy to use Calendar App for all devices)
Notability (I used this exclusively for taking notes on lecture slides with a stylus on my iPad)
DocScanner for iPhone (Allows me to quickly scan receipts, bills, and other documents from my phone and directly upload them to Evernote)
iStudiez Pro (Great homework organizer, but I honestly didn't use it much)
Alfred (Amazing productivity software that drastically increases my efficiency while using my Mac)
ScreenFloat (To take screenshots of anything on my computer)
Dropbox (For obvious reasons)

How have you integrated technology to help you organize and study during medical school? What is your collection of apps/software that make your life in medical school more efficient?

Thanks everyone! I'm excited to hear your input

Members don't see this ad.