General Admissions & OTCAS What schools do you know have filled their 2014 classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CurlyHairedGirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

In your process of applying to schools, have you talked to places and found out that all their slots were full, or that they were only continuing to interview for people on the waiting list? I thought getting a list of those schools might help for those of us who are still waiting for responses.

I heard from U Pitt on 2/27 that they were only interviewing for waiting list slots. Got a formal rejection a couple weeks later.

U Touro Nevada is also full.

What else do people know about?

Members don't see this ad.

Davenport University has two deadlines, the second one is in May. I'm not sure how many open seats they will be looking to fill but they are a non-accredited program in their first year so I imagine it may be quite a few. It's a private school but tuition is very reasonable, at least I thought so.

Salus has filled their regular class and is only interviewing for waiting list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you hear Touro is full? They still have one more day of interviews.

I think someone here posted that they were invited to interview for a wait list spot but because of the cost they didn't go. Or was that AT Still?

The email I got said: Thank you for your interest in the Touro University Nevada’s Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program. Your OTCAS application has been received. Unfortunately, we are no longer sending secondary applications to applicants. The incoming class has been selected by the faculty.

I have also heard U Philadelphia and AT Still have finished reviewing applications.

My point for starting this thread was so that people who haven't heard anything from a college might get information sooner. Then again, maybe the acceptance letters take longer to arrive in the mail than the rejection letters take to arrive by email.

I'm trying to figure out if the schools I haven't heard anything from aren't interested in me, and if I should snap up an acceptance from the first school that offers. Or should I keep taking the oddball prerequisites right now that are going to be time consuming when I need to be selling my house and preparing to move?

@CurlyHairedGirl you can always email or call the admissions counselors at the schools you are wondering about and ask them your application status. Showing that extra interest might even help your app stand out :) can't hurt anyway. good luck!

Been doing that. Think I made at least 6 phone calls to 3 different schools today, left one voicemail, and sent an email to the person who wasn't responding to last Friday's frantic voicemail about the interview date or answering her phone. :) I'm never quite sure who to call. And sometimes when I am, that person isn't answering their phone/responding to emails. Do you know how many OT department websites don't even include any contact numbers?

I'm really serious about working in this field, and if it means going to OTA school this next fall, that's what I will do. I can't keep withdrawing money from my retirement savings, because I've only got maybe 20-25 years to work before retirement once I get out.

How do you know the schools listed are full? I feel like that is not something that would be disclosed if they still have interviews upcoming as @katahdin stated.

I've been phoning and asking. Or got a rejection letter. I think in some cases the school has been doing rolling admissions and may have one last interview scheduled for spaces on the waiting list. Anybody whose application they receive after they've chosen the candidates for the last interview gets told sorry, we're full?

Or the schools may be saying we only have one interview day left, and you weren't invited, so our class is filled.

Most schools that make a first cut of applicants based on GPA before looking at the whole application would rule me out. All based on choices I made 18-20 years ago. So I applied to a bunch of schools since I didn't know which ones look at old GPAs and which look at recent GPAs. Or which ones would be sticklers about prerequisites and how long it has been since you took them.

People laugh when they hear I'm retaking an intro level course that was my intended major in college and is more basic than any class I took in college. The classes I did poorly in were along the lines of build a scientific calculator using binary, or using chips that only do Boolean logic. And since I went to a top engineering school, my classmates were the sort of kids who had been building that sort of stuff since they were kids.

Salus told me that the class was full but that I may hear from them later if they want to interview me for a waiting list spot.