What post bacc classes to take for dental school admissions

klee12345

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, all. I've seen many threads on people successfully getting into dental school after doing a post bacc. I just wanted to know what classes you have taken as a post bacc student.

I am currently a second year of informal post bacc student. These are the classes that I have taken so far as a post bacc student:

Gen. Chem I (Lecture & Lab)
Microbiology (Lecture & Lab)
Physiology (Lecture & Lab)
Anatomy & Physiology II (Lecture only)
Genetics (Lecture only)
Cell & Molecular Biology (Lecture & Lab)
Biochem I (Lecture & Lab)

Planning on taking for the last semester:

Biochem II (Lecture offered only)
Microbial Ecology and Host Interaction (Lecture offered only)
Anatomy & Physiology II Lab

There are no other "dental school" classes such as histology and neurology offered at my school. The ones I have listed above are the best classes that are offered. I have done most of my pre-reqs, but my undergrad gpa falls at 3.1 with a science gpa of 3.0. My post bacc gpa is currently a 3.9. So in short, I want to know:
1. what you think about the classes that I have taken and will take in regards to dental school admission (also comments on the look of my status).
2. what classes other successful post bacc students have taken.
3. I guess the last question kind of answers this one, but how many credits did you take?

I know that many of you will think in your mind, "why doesn't he just call the dental schools to see what they think". Trust me, I have done all that. I just want to know and hear about the experiences of many other successful post bacc students. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Gen. Chem I (Lecture & Lab)
Microbiology (Lecture & Lab)
Physiology (Lecture & Lab)
Anatomy & Physiology II (Lecture only)
Genetics (Lecture only)
Cell & Molecular Biology (Lecture & Lab)
Biochem I (Lecture & Lab)

Planning on taking for the last semester:

Biochem II (Lecture offered only)
Microbial Ecology and Host Interaction (Lecture offered only)
Anatomy & Physiology II Lab

No ochem I and II or did you already take that? Anatomy & Physiology I?

And since you're from Texas, you need to take statistics too if you're going to apply for Texas schools. If you haven't already.

Members don't see this ad :)
To be more descriptive, I received a C in O.Chem I, a B in O.Chem II, and As in A&P I and statistics.

On all my post bacc classes, I have received As except Microbiology lecture, which I received a B in.