What kind of study is this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EUstudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I´m a medical student from Denmark. I have visited these forum before and learnt a lot, but this is my first time writing. I´m sorry if I post this in the wrong section. I´m about to do a kind of literature review in school and I´m really a beginner at that, so; since I know a lot of you guys are awesome, I would really appreciate some help regarding a matter I was wondering about. I need to know what kind of study this (type of) is:

A study where people with type 2 diabetes go through gastric bypass and where certain metabolic parameters (GLP-1) are being measure before and after the surgery (to see if/how GLP-1 changes after surgery).

How would you classify this study? It´s clearly not an RCT or a review. I really suck at this, but would you call it an "observational cohort study" perhaps? But there´s no control group or anything, maybe something completely different?

Thanks in advance, cheers! :)

Members don't see this ad.

pre-post study, this is a quasi-experiment because there is no control group (eg patients with type 2 DB given an alternative)