Question What is the rocket scientist badge for?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

puahate

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title

Members don't see this ad.

I can't speak for SDN leadership and only as a long-time user, but IMO it's not at all the same as the official physician/dentist/DVM/PhD/military/etc badges which are formally verified via the Doctor Verification process. IMO it's just for fun, although I do happen to have engineering/tech training in both school and profession. I don't get any special perks though. PS don't ruin my badge! :p

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The Rocket Scientist badge has been around for a long time and was meant to designate members who had a degree in physics/engineering. It arose out of the question of which is more difficult: rocket science or brain surgery.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes, I still verify it. You can send me a PM with a picture of your diploma (with your name hidden if you prefer) showing that you have a "rocket scientist" degree - physics, mechanical or aero engineering, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, I still verify it. You can send me a PM with a picture of your diploma (with your name hidden if you prefer) showing that you have a "rocket scientist" degree - physics, mechanical or aero engineering, etc.
Bummer - my diploma got stolen when I lived in Hawai'i (God's honest truth - not making it up).

Then again, my BS is in Biology, with a French minor, so, it's all academic, anyhow!