What distinguishes Australian Doctors from the rest?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Singh

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I'm a medical student from Denmark wishing to do his electives at an endocrinology department in Australia. In order for this to become a reality, I will need to apply funds. In the application letter for funds, I need to show why I choose Australia as a place to take my electives. My main reasons for wanting to take this elective is to experience a new culture, and their way of working in the health sector. But I doubt this is enough reasoning.

So my question is: Is there something that Australian doctors are better at than the rest of the world? Is there something which distinguishes them? As I said, I am specifically interested in endocrinology, so if there is something special about Australian endocrinologists, I would love to hear it.

I appreciate any sort of assistance.
Thanks
Singh

Members don't see this ad.

mate, i think you'd do better on the cultural issue actually. Get to know a bit about oz, and explain why that appeals. Having an interest in rural medicine would be a big selling point - or an interest in indigenous health.

Just a tiny anecdote here -- at UQueensland, students rave about the endo electives up here. Not sure why, will find out in a few years :)

-pitman