This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for the reply . What time of year did you apply during the cycle?
I applied to 2 schools as soon as it opened. The school I ended up matriculating in, I applied after my MCAT so around October.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How early is too early to apply for school? I want to get a head start and apply in august or September however I haven’t taken my MCAT yet. I am planning on taking it jan 15th, 2022. I have 120+ credit hours, and the only other class I haven’t taken yet is organic chem 2, which I will be taking this fall semester. What do you think is the best route for me? Applying early and continue what I’m doing now, or to apply once I take the exam?

How early is too early to apply for school? I want to get a head start and apply in august or September however I haven’t taken my MCAT yet. I am planning on taking it jan 15th, 2022. I have 120+ credit hours, and the only other class I haven’t taken yet is organic chem 2, which I will be taking this fall semester. What do you think is the best route for me? Applying early and continue what I’m doing now, or to apply once I take the exam?

A few programs will send out interview invites without an MCAT score if you look into the past threads. The invitation also depends on your GPAs and your overall app. After receiving an II, you may have to miss 'study' days for the MCAT (as a distraction or traveling). That said, IMO, you should only focus on doing well in Orgo 2 and prepping for the MCAT. You are still early if your app is complete in FEB of 22.

If you know where you want to go or the programs you will be applying to, post here so that students from those programs can better advise. GL!

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking for some feedback on where I stand. Posted a while back with various questions but here's the (updated) run down. Non-traditional 28 year old first-gen college student, community college (graduated with honors) to university (hybrid) as I've been driving tractor-trailers cross country and local on and off since 2017 to pay for college. Various extracurricular activities, club co-founder/co-president for Neuro-diversity Club, school diversity committee for 4 semesters, 450+ hours emergency room and in-patient floor volunteering, both strictly patient interaction. 3 month 225+ hour ortho foot and ankle surgical internship, courtesy of a very generous local surgeon who took me under his wing and allowed me to do just about every aspect of his job with supervision, including assisting in surgery for the last month:) Still need to shadow DPM but schools I did speak to did state that a foot and ankle M.D will work as a substitute due to COVID. 6 letters of recommendation ready to go; two from academic professors (Physics and Microbio), one from ortho M.D, one from volunteer supervisor, two from advisors.

First 50 academic credits spread out over about 6 years (2011 - 2017) yielded a 1.4 GPA:( 2018 I got my butt in gear after realizing medicine was for me, re-did a couple classes F's to A's. Avg semester GPA since summer 2018 (6 semesters) is 3.69 (low being 3.33, high of 4.0). Lowest grade since beginning my pre-med track is B- in a couple classes, B+ and A's for most classes with a few A- grades. Did all standard pre-reqs plus microbio, biochem, and I'll be taking genetics and neuro-psych in the fall. I'll be graduating spring 22 with a BS in health science. Current MCAT practice tests yielding 487. I can definitely get those numbers up a little.

Applying in two months after my MCAT in september.

Of course the only way I'll know if I can get in is to apply and see what happens but if you were me, would you apply? I might have left some other small stuff out, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
A few programs will send out interview invites without an MCAT score if you look into the past threads. The invitation also depends on your GPAs and your overall app. After receiving an II, you may have to miss 'study' days for the MCAT (as a distraction or traveling). That said, IMO, you should only focus on doing well in Orgo 2 and prepping for the MCAT. You are still early if your app is complete in FEB of 22.

If you know where you want to go or the programs you will be applying to, post here so that students from those programs can better advise. GL!
Thank you so much I seriously appreciate it!!! GPAs are gpa3.5+ & sgpa 3.3 give or take. Barry is my top choice! & okay i will focus on MCAT as much as possible

Thank you so much I seriously appreciate it!!! GPAs are gpa3.5+ & sgpa 3.3 give or take. Barry is my top choice! & okay i will focus on MCAT as much as possible

If that's your top choice, email the admissions director (if it's still Dave) and tell him about your plans. Send the email when you are ready to apply and see what he says. Getting in your name early with Barry can def help your app, but MCAT is still the key. GL!

Looking for some feedback on where I stand. Posted a while back with various questions but here's the (updated) run down. Non-traditional 28 year old first-gen college student, community college (graduated with honors) to university (hybrid) as I've been driving tractor-trailers cross country and local on and off since 2017 to pay for college. Various extracurricular activities, club co-founder/co-president for Neuro-diversity Club, school diversity committee for 4 semesters, 450+ hours emergency room and in-patient floor volunteering, both strictly patient interaction. 3 month 225+ hour ortho foot and ankle surgical internship, courtesy of a very generous local surgeon who took me under his wing and allowed me to do just about every aspect of his job with supervision, including assisting in surgery for the last month:) Still need to shadow DPM but schools I did speak to did state that a foot and ankle M.D will work as a substitute due to COVID. 6 letters of recommendation ready to go; two from academic professors (Physics and Microbio), one from ortho M.D, one from volunteer supervisor, two from advisors.

First 50 academic credits spread out over about 6 years (2011 - 2017) yielded a 1.4 GPA:( 2018 I got my butt in gear after realizing medicine was for me, re-did a couple classes F's to A's. Avg semester GPA since summer 2018 (6 semesters) is 3.69 (low being 3.33, high of 4.0). Lowest grade since beginning my pre-med track is B- in a couple classes, B+ and A's for most classes with a few A- grades. Did all standard pre-reqs plus microbio, biochem, and I'll be taking genetics and neuro-psych in the fall. I'll be graduating spring 22 with a BS in health science. Current MCAT practice tests yielding 487. I can definitely get those numbers up a little.

Of course the only way I'll know if I can get in is to apply and see what happens but if you were me, would you apply? I might have left some other small stuff out, but you get the idea.

Are you able to calculate your current overall GPA and science GPA? If yes, then please post that. Consider using resources directly from the AAMC to help study and prep for the MCAT. You can do ALOT better than 487.

You're fine.
Focus on MCAT. GPAs are ok and work ethic shows.

Focus on MCAT. It will not be the last time you are taking standardized exams.

Are you able to calculate your current overall GPA and science GPA? If yes, then please post that. Consider using resources directly from the AAMC to help study and prep for the MCAT. You can do ALOT better than 487.
Agreed! I did an extensive content review for 5 months while working and studying and then a month ago switched to passages. I can regurgitate facts no problem, but that’s not helpful for the MCAT as you know. I’m in need of a deep reflection on what needs to be improved to move forward.

I’ve been working with a tutor for a few appts and we agreed today that perhaps bumping my exam back is best so I can figure out what I need to do to improve my score. I’m scheduled for Sept. 3rd and the last day for tests this year is Sept. 11th. (I believe).

With that being said, even though I don’t want to do it, I will take my exam in January and apply then. I believe between now and my test date, I won’t reach the score I need to improve and I want to nail this test on the first shot!

You're fine.
Focus on MCAT. GPAs are ok and work ethic shows.

Focus on MCAT. It will not be the last time you are taking standardized exams.
Oh I’m quite aware haha. I definitely need to reflect on how to improve my score, for the sake of this test and those in the future.

Completely forgot to respond to your inquiry about the GPA’s. I have it somewhere on my PC. I’ll look around and post it when I find it.

If I remember correctly….my overall GPA is a 3.01 or around there, maybe 3.05? Science is a 2.8 or around there. Non-science was about a 3.5. The courses I did do well on in the past were humanities so non-sci is higher.

Reactions: 1 users
If that's your top choice, email the admissions director (if it's still Dave) and tell him about your plans. Send the email when you are ready to apply and see what he says. Getting in your name early with Barry can def help your app, but MCAT is still the key. GL!
Will do thank you!

Hi there everyone! Just joined this lovely community today and would like some input after reading through some of the posts. I'm planning to apply this upcoming cycle and would like to hear what would be my best course of action. Here are some of my stats/ background:
-cGPA:3.75 | sGPA:3.6
-working as a CNA, mentor + RA for a pre-health learning community, volunteering that includes in the hospital, clubs, and alternative spring break, bilingual development research, and leadership role in a pre-health club.

My biggest concerns are my MCAT and podiatry shadowing. I'm currently planning to take the MCAT in late August or September 10th and my last diagnostic was a 493. I've been seeing a lot of discussion about aiming for a 500+ for maximum scholarship aid. In addition, I only have 5 hours of podiatry shadowing and countless encounters with podiatrists in the nursing home when I work. I currently plan to apply early (by late August) for higher chances of scholarships if I can get in. I saw a discussion ^^^ that Feb 2022 is still considered early which is why I'm reaching out to ask...

What should my course of action be? The current plan is to take the MCAT and submit everything by late August (with a pending MCAT score). I plan to shadow more during the Fall but will only be applying with the 5 hours of shadowing (which I learned a lot from and wrote reflections on). The other plan is to take it slow and ensure I can get a 500+ and take the MCAT in 2022 and continue to shadow in the Fall and apply by Feb 2022.

Sorry, I'm rambling at this point. Main question: is it worth it to drag out my application until next year and work on shadowing and MCAT throughout the Fall? Or would my current application be strong enough to get accepted and receive scholarships. My main concern is just the lack of shadowing and worries that I won't be able to get a 500+ by late August (would a 493 be enough for aid?). The MCAT has just been a constant reminder of my failed efforts the last year due to the pandemic and picking up bad habits so I want it over with haha. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful evening/ day!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there everyone! Just joined this lovely community today and would like some input after reading through some of the posts. I'm planning to apply this upcoming cycle and would like to hear what would be my best course of action. Here are some of my stats/ background:
-cGPA:3.75 | sGPA:3.6
of my failed efforts the last year due to the pandemic and picking up bad habits so I want it over with haha. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful evening/ day!!
Take MCAT and send it.

No point waiting.

Take MCAT and send it.

No point waiting.
Okay, thank you for the input! It helps a lot knowing that it would be okay to apply as is. I will buckle down on the MCAT until late August and go from there. Have a great start to your weekend.

Interesting one here I guess…

cGPA: 2.72
sGPA: 2.65

got dismissed from my university sophomore year, definite upward trend in my last year and a half.

MCAT: 511
~50 ish hours shadowed with a podiatrist, have seen everything from routine care, to in clinic and hospital procedures. Definitely peaked my interest and was amazed at the quality of care she gave her patients.

work full time as a medical scribe - likely have another 2k hours working under another physician (M.D.)

research, many LORs, whole nine yards. I’d ideally love to be here in Chicago ;).

got dismissed from my university sophomore year, definite upward trend in my last year and a half.

~50 ish hours shadowed with a podiatrist, have seen everything from routine care, to in clinic and hospital procedures. Definitely peaked my interest and was amazed at the quality of care she gave her patients.

work full time as a medical scribe - likely have another 2k hours working under another physician (M.D.)

research, many LORs, whole nine yards. I’d ideally love to be here in Chicago ;).
Oof honestly, its hard to say with the dismissal, but there are definetly more people who can help you out with that. My GPA were just around there, and I had a 488---495 MCAT and I still got into NYCPM. But the office knew who I was because I'd be in contact with them since day 1, so I got an interview and basically had to blow that out of the water to show them that I can make it in med school. Some outstanding circumstances whenever I had lower scores, but I always recovered and retook classes I did poorly in.

To help my GPA a little more, I took 4 more science related classes at the local CC to help with my upward trend, so many do that if signups havent closed already. youll have until June, so even 2 semesters, this fall and spring, take science based classes and show them what youre made of.

What was the reason for the dismissal, and how have you fixed the issue since? Feel free to PM if you do not want to post publicly.

What was the reason for the dismissal, and how have you fixed the issue since? Feel free to PM if you do not want to post publicly.
It was mental health reasons and it was quite a while ago. Early freshman and sophomore year. Was dismissed with like a 1.3 gpa. Came back and strung together a couple of decent GPAs (3.0) and then my final 3 semesters were all 3.5+. It had nothing to do with academic dishonesty or breaking the law. Simply just performing horribly.

Oof honestly, its hard to say with the dismissal, but there are definetly more people who can help you out with that. My GPA were just around there, and I had a 488---495 MCAT and I still got into NYCPM. But the office knew who I was because I'd be in contact with them since day 1, so I got an interview and basically had to blow that out of the water to show them that I can make it in med school. Some outstanding circumstances whenever I had lower scores, but I always recovered and retook classes I did poorly in.

To help my GPA a little more, I took 4 more science related classes at the local CC to help with my upward trend, so many do that if signups havent closed already. youll have until June, so even 2 semesters, this fall and spring, take science based classes and show them what youre made of.
You know what’s funny is that NYCPM literally called me phone today. I’m not sure how they got it maybe through AACPMS.. but the admissions director was curious about my stats. She was excited about it all until I told her the GPA and she literally said “oh no”. I told her that I was unsure if I was going to take courses for this cycle and she strongly advised I do. Then she told me that when I get close to submitting my application that I should reach out to her again and let her know so that the director can review my application. Not sure what this means for me but it seems iffy.

That’s kind of what happened to me too, but since I submitted the my app the first time in May of 20, and I had some issues with my transcript, they couldn’t process my application. So I communicated with them in the fall once I had my transcript and basically told me to take science based classes to boost my GPA, I only took 12 credits (bionutrition, A&P and bchem) in spring and send them my midterm and final grades. Since my midterms were literally like 3 weeks before finals, I just waited till I got a final transcript to send to the admission committee. So speak to them about which classes you should take, and then apply for them ASAP. Then, what happened was that the admission rep supported my application infront of the admission director and granted me an interview. Which later became an acceptance. It’s a miracle really.

That’s kind of what happened to me too, but since I submitted the my app the first time in May of 20, and I had some issues with my transcript, they couldn’t process my application. So I communicated with them in the fall once I had my transcript and basically told me to take science based classes to boost my GPA, I only took 12 credits (bionutrition, A&P and bchem) in spring and send them my midterm and final grades. Since my midterms were literally like 3 weeks before finals, I just waited till I got a final transcript to send to the admission committee. So speak to them about which classes you should take, and then apply for them ASAP. Then, what happened was that the admission rep supported my application infront of the admission director and granted me an interview. Which later became an acceptance. It’s a miracle really.
Thanks for this. Maybe I’ll give her a call back tomorrow and we can work out some sort of deal between me taking courses, doing very well, and then getting my app pushed through. This was great information!

• Love
Hello, should I apply next year?
  1. 3.1 cGPA and 2.6 sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMA due to terrible grades during dual enrollment and Academic probation freshman year
  2. No MCAT
  3. Florida
  4. URM: AA male
  5. I received my associates at a community college through dual enrollment, and I'm now a senior at the University of Miami
  6. Non-Clinical: Currently 60 hours working as a receptionist on campus
  7. Clinical:
    1. 500 hours of volunteering in Peru, Nicaragua, etc. through a church (basically preformed bp checks ad whatnot)
    2. 50 hours at a local church clinic
    3. 800 paid hours working as a receptionist for my parents in their medical office (I'm not sure if this can also count towards shadowing, but I did observe other physicians)
  8. No research
  9. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 8 hours EMT, more than 80 in general practice
  10. Non-clinical volunteering: I'm in a jazz combo that plays at nursing homes and churches, I'm planning on applying for Americorps next year
  11. Other extracurricular activities: Philanthropy chair for my fraternity
  12. Relevant honors or awards: Deans list Fall 2020

It was mental health reasons and it was quite a while ago. Early freshman and sophomore year. Was dismissed with like a 1.3 gpa. Came back and strung together a couple of decent GPAs (3.0) and then my final 3 semesters were all 3.5+. It had nothing to do with academic dishonesty or breaking the law. Simply just performing horribly.

You're fine then; take a few more classes and apply once ready. Look into the Janurary program at NYCPM. GL!

1. 3.1 cGPA and 2.6 sGPA
  2. No MCAT

You need to take more science courses to improve that sci GPA, i.e., bring it close to a 3.0. You can either take high level-sci classes at a Community college or look into Special Masters program (like one at Barry) to improve your GPA and prep for the MCAT at the same time.

MCAT around 500 or better will be key to any interview invites.

Is it possible to apply before getting your mcat score in?

Yes. Before an MCAT score, a few programs will even send out interview invites (depending on your GPAs).

I would advise waiting until your file is complete/verified before you start adding programs. A complete application will give you a better chance at getting an interview invite and any potential scholarships.

Hi
I am a senior at the University of Miami and am applying to Barry University, Temple and NYCPM. Please see my stats below and let me know what you think:

sGPA: 3.2
cGPA: 3.4
MCAT: 491
Activities: - Volunteer EMT since 2016 when in high school; over 600 volunteer hours and 128 hours paid hours
- Over 400 hours of volunteer mental health tech and research asst
- Over 100 hours of various volunteer other healthcare hours
- Shadowed podiatrist for 18 hours, surgical dermatologist for 32 hours and OD for 8 hours
- Over 1400 hours working as a lab assistant on campus
- Pre-medical fraternity
- Social fraternity
- URM (hispanic)

Thank You!

Hi
I am a senior at the University of Miami and am applying to Barry University, Temple and NYCPM. Please see my stats below and let me know what you think:

Activities: - Volunteer EMT since 2016 when in high school; over 600 volunteer hours and 128 hours paid hours
- Shadowed podiatrist for 18 hours, surgical dermatologist for 32 hours and OD for 8 hours
- Pre-medical fraternity
- Social fraternity
- URM (hispanic)

Thank You!

It should be okay at Barry and NYCPM...not sure about Temple (as stated in your other thread); the MCAT is lower than their average accepted score.
You can apply now and see if Temple gives you an II. GL!

Kind of going to quote myself here in-case anyone else has stats similar to mine.

I ended up applying to every pod school, and my application was just completed from AACPMS like 3 days ago.

today I received interviews from Barry and Temple. This is fairly quick turn around and I’m very happy with how my application is being received so far. So for anyone who has low GPA and a fairly competitive MCAT, don’t be shy! Apply.

Update: I received interviews at every school besides Midwestern (didn’t apply because minimum 2.75 gpa)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hi guys, I just sent in my application on 9/7 and got verified 4hrs later and received interviews 2 hours after the verification. so the process was fast for me! I applied to all 9 schools and so far I got interviews back from Samuel Merrit, Des Moines, Barry, Rosalind Franklin and Temple. I got waitlisted for my interview at Midwestern, but i'm still waiting to hear back from NY and western. My stats were sGPA 2.9, overall 3.7, and MCAT 481 and 489. Did not do much extracurriculars, joined a pre-med club, and am working as a CNA atm for about 1 year, and only had 40 shadowing hours.
hope this helps!

Hi

- Pre-medical fraternity
- Social fraternity
- URM (hispanic)

Thank You!
I feel like you would get an interview at all, because my sGPA and MCAT score was lower but I got an interview

Does anyone know typically how long schools give you until you need to decide if you accept or decline? IF I were to hear back by beginning of October.

Hello everyone,

I'm a senior majoring in Biomed Engineering. cGPA 3.66 + sGPA 3.43. MCAT 483 (i didn't know how to study for the test), but I'm planning to retake it in January.
URM (Vietnamese female)
I have 300+ hours hospital volunteering back in high school, but it was very important because it pushed me to commit to medicine, so I'm planning to put those in
70+ hospital volunteering hours in college
VP of a minority orgs
2.5 years of teaching assistant
1 year of research
40h shadowing a family medicine physician
20h shadowing Podiatrist, planning to do more
Have 5 LORs, 2 from Podiatrists

I was wondering if I have a chance to get accepted, even if I did not retake the MCAT?

Thank you in advance for any responses! I appreciate it

I don't think you would be considered a URM. Anyone with a score <490 should re-take (even if there is a chance for an A). Your GPAs are good, give it some time and prep, you can do a lot better. If you're having a problem in the verbal section, get a tutor. Good luck!

Hello, I would like to thank you for the respond. I was wondering should I send in my applications now, or should I wait until I have my MCAT scores back in January. Thank you again for the advices!
I don't think you would be considered a URM. Anyone with a score <490 should re-take (even if there is a chance for an A). Your GPAs are good, give it some time and prep, you can do a lot better. If you're having a problem in the verbal section, get a tutor. Good luck!

Hello, I would like to thank you for the respond. I was wondering should I send in my applications now, or should I wait until I have my MCAT scores back in January. Thank you again for the advices!

There is no harm in submitting one application now to verify and complete your profile on AACPMAS. It's always better to submit an app with the best stats for scholarship chances; given your GPA, a better MCAT score should land you with some $$$.

Hey guys,
I submitted my app and have an interview with Scholl, still waiting on the others. I am currently taking classes this semester including an in-person Orgo 2 Lab which is a required prerequisite. However, I just tested positive for COVID two days ago and my lab instructors told me that there are no makeup labs this semester and only one drop. I don’t want to risk tanking points depending on how long this lasts and was wondering if it would be ok if I withdrew from lab this semester and just took it winter semester? Other posts I’ve read said that as long as I finish the required courses before matriculation it wouldn’t be an issue. But I’m not sure and should I inform the schools about this change? Any help is appreciated!
Thank you.

Hey guys,
I submitted my app and have an interview with Scholl, still waiting on the others. I am currently taking classes this semester including an in-person Orgo 2 Lab which is a required prerequisite. However, I just tested positive for COVID two days ago and my lab instructors told me that there are no makeup labs this semester and only one drop. I don’t want to risk tanking points depending on how long this lasts and was wondering if it would be ok if I withdrew from lab this semester and just took it winter semester? Other posts I’ve read said that as long as I finish the required courses before matriculation it wouldn’t be an issue. But I’m not sure and should I inform the schools about this change? Any help is appreciated!
Thank you.

Inform the program about the change and tell them you will finish it over the winter break. As long as you complete the requirements before enrollment, you are fine.

Inform the program about the change and tell them you will finish it over the winter break. As long as you complete the requirements before enrollment, you are fine.
Ok thank you! I was told it will show up on my final transcript as withdraw pass, that’s what had me worried. But if I take it anyways next semester and get an A (the lab has been pretty easy so far) then it probably shouldn’t matter I think. Should I email each program separately letting them know about the change or should I just go ahead and edit the future/planned coursework section in AACPMAS?

Ok thank you! I was told it will show up on my final transcript as withdraw pass, that’s what had me worried. But if I take it anyways next semester and get an A (the lab has been pretty easy so far) then it probably shouldn’t matter I think. Should I email each program separately letting them know about the change or should I just go ahead and edit the future/planned coursework section in AACPMAS?

Nothing to worry about a WP. Make the change on your AACPMAS app and notify the programs as they invite you for an interview.
There is time, so you should be fine as long as you complete the course in the upcoming months.

And as stated previously by others, you should get II's based on your MCAT. Prepare well for them. Good luck!

cGPA 3.3
sGPA 3.2
MCAT 507 (123/130/136/128)
Non-trad
Over 1,000 hours working as an MA at an urgent care.
Kinda lacking in volunteer hours to be honest. This is what I'm worried about. Is it a huge red flag? Should I wait until I have some substantial hours?
No shadowing yet, but planning to remedy that part before applying if I can ever find someone.

Planning on applying to Kent, AZPOD, and Barry.

WAMC for Fall 2022?

cGPA 3.3
sGPA 3.2
MCAT 507 (123/130/136/128)
Non-trad
Over 1,000 hours working as an MA at an urgent care.
Kinda lacking in volunteer hours to be honest. This is what I'm worried about. Is it a huge red flag? Should I wait until I have some substantial hours?
No shadowing yet, but planning to remedy that part before applying if I can ever find someone.

Planning on applying to Kent, AZPOD, and Barry.

WAMC for Fall 2022?

The chances are great. Try to shadow a few different DPMs. Good luck!

Just going to post this to inspire those people with not so great GPAs to apply! I was stressed out from start to finish of the application process and so far it has gone great.
oGPA: 3.1
sGPA: 2.67
MCAT: 497
Shadowed Podiatrist for 15 Hours
Not many extracurriculars due to COVID

So far I applied to 7 schools (BUSPM, CSPM, DMU-CPMS, KSUCPM, NYCPM, SCPM, WUCPM)
I have received interview Invitations from 4 (CSPM, DMU-CPMS, NYCPM, SCPM)
I have been denied from 1 (BUSPM)* This was very surprising to me as this school had the lowest averages, yet they denied me and others invited for interview.
I have yet to hear from (KSUCPM, WUCPM)
I also received this Invitations just 1 week from sending out my applications.

Just going to post this to inspire those people with not so great GPAs to apply! I was stressed out from start to finish of the application process and so far it has gone great.
oGPA: 3.1
sGPA: 2.67
MCAT: 497
Shadowed Podiatrist for 15 Hours
Not many extracurriculars due to COVID

So far I applied to 7 schools (BUSPM, CSPM, DMU-CPMS, KSUCPM, NYCPM, SCPM, WUCPM)
I have received interview Invitations from 4 (CSPM, DMU-CPMS, NYCPM, SCPM)
I have been denied from 1 (BUSPM)* This was very surprising to me as this school had the lowest averages, yet they denied me and others invited for interview.
I have yet to hear from (KSUCPM, WUCPM)
I also received this Invitations just 1 week from sending out my applications.
Don't worry about the one denial. I know a few classmates of mine denied from Barry. They're currently DPM students with me. They're fine. Kill your interviews!

So here’s my story at stats. I would just like to know if i should spend my time on applying or not…

GPA: 3.8
Science GPA: 3.6
MCAT: Around 505

I got Accepted into a DO school, went there for two years then violated the student conduct code for social media. Since i was About to get kicked out the dean made a deal with me saying I’ll be on academic and professional probation. I ended up passing all the blocks in the fall semester except for the last one OMM which i failed. It was the only class i failed during my med school career but since i broke the contract they forced me to withdraw… now the important thing is it ssays i withdrew… this was not a dismissal.

Now, on the pod application it says i have to check for academic probation and violating student conduct code…. My stats are okay but my back story kinda sucks. Should i give Pod school a shot?

Thanks for the advice.

So here’s my story at stats. I would just like to know if i should spend my time on applying or not…

I got Accepted into a DO school, went there for two years then violated the student conduct code for social media. Since i was About to get kicked out the dean made a deal with me saying I’ll be on academic and professional probation. I ended up passing all the blocks in the fall semester except for the last one OMM which i failed. It was the only class i failed during my med school career but since i broke the contract they forced me to withdraw… now the important thing is it ssays i withdrew… this was not a dismissal.

Now, on the pod application it says i have to check for academic probation and violating student conduct code…. My stats are okay but my back story kinda sucks. Should i give Pod school a shot?

Thanks for the advice.

Even with a withdrawal, it will be challenging to explain your situation to the admissions committee. I am not saying there is no chance for an interview, but you should speak to a program advisor directly then decide on applying or not.

The other issue is why you, a past DO student, would want to apply to a Pod program. Yeah, the curriculum is similar but you will be specializing in the lower extremity forever. Are you okay with that? Instead, it would be best to look into the RN/PA programs so that you are not limited to one area. These programs are also less strict about past academic history.

Thanks for the advice.
A DPM degree is not a replacement for a DO degree. You are locked into the foot and ankle the first day you start school. Think about that long and hard before you jump in. And if you havn't shadowed a DPM in both hospital and private office settings- go do that and really get a feel for what they do day in day out.

There will no doubt be schools that offer you interviews to fill a seat and make money off of you. It is not hard to get an interview.

Forget all the stats and probation for a second. Is this what YOU want?

A DPM degree is not a replacement for a DO degree. You are locked into the foot and ankle the first day you start school. Think about that long and hard before you jump in. And if you havn't shadowed a DPM in both hospital and private office settings- go do that and really get a feel for what they do day in day out.

There will no doubt be schools that offer you interviews to fill a seat and make money off of you. It is not hard to get an interview.

Forget all the stats and probation for a second. Is this what YOU want?
Yes, I’ve thought long and hard about it. I enjoyed working with the ankle and feet when i was In DO school. I obviously know this isn’t a replacement for a DO degree.

I have a million options in health care ranging from NP, PA, Pharm, OD, etc so yes DPM is the path I’ve chosen.

Even with a withdrawal, it will be challenging to explain your situation to the admissions committee. I am not saying there is no chance for an interview, but you should speak to a program advisor directly then decide on applying or not.

The other issue is why you, a past DO student, would want to apply to a Pod program. Yeah, the curriculum is similar but you will be specializing in the lower extremity forever. Are you okay with that? Instead, it would be best to look into the RN/PA programs so that you are not limited to one area. These programs are also less strict about past academic history.
The DO students who go to ophthalmology specialize in the eye forever. The ones who go into ortho specialize in the knee and shoulder forever. The ones who go into gastroenterology specialize in the GI forever. The ones who go into pulmonology specialist in the lungs forever. The ones who go into cardiology specialize in the heart forever.

Lol, so the lower extremities interest me so i wouldn’t mind specialize in the lower extremities …. Forever. Lol