MD & DO What are my chances? Target MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

permed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I will be applying next cycle and wanted to get some feed back.

I will be 28 at the time I apply. I am a first generation American, both parents were born in Mexico. First to attend college in my family.

I will be applying with a 3.2 sGPA/3.5cGPA. What MCAT score would I need to have a chance to gain entrance to a school?

I have 500 hours of hospital work experience. Also around 300 hours of volunteer in a healthcare setting.

I will be taking the Kaplan MCAT prep course early next year. Hoping to take the MCAT in April and apply as soon as the cycle opens.

Thank you all for your help! Good luck to those applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you receive a 508 you would be competitive for many MD schools. 500 would be fine for DO schools. Where is your state of residence?

Reactions: 1 user
If you receive a 508 you would be competitive for many MD schools. 500 would be fine for DO schools. Where is your state of residence?

Thank you for your reply. I am a California Resident.

If you score at least 508 you should be able to receive interviews at several of the CA schools. Let us know what your score is next year.

Reactions: 1 user