What are my chances of getting in this cycle? Need honest opinions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maya0327

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my 3rd time applying.
My undergrad GPA was low, so I pursued Master's Degree in Biotechnology.

Undergrad GPA: 3.14
Undergrad Science GPA: 3.06
Graduate Total GPA: 4.00
Graduate Science GPA: 4.00
Overall GPA: 3.31

DAT (2015) - 20 AA, 20 TS, 22 PAT
DAT (2018) - 23 AA, 25 TS, 26 PAT

Shadowing 300+ hours, Worked as receptionist/ RDA 1200+ hours, Volunteer ~400 hours.
Anatomy&Physiology TA for 2 years.

Is my overall GPA going to affect negatively? Do yall know of anyone who's gotten in with Master's degree? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Shadowing 300+ hours, Worked as receptionist/ RDA 1200+ hours, Volunteer ~400 hours.

Is my overall GPA going to affect negatively? Do yall know of anyone who's gotten in with Master's degree? Thank you.

You killed it. You’ll have just of good a shot as anyone. Apply to around 10 schools and you’ll get interviews

Reactions: 4 users

Only a 23AA?? Most SDNers would say you need at least a 26+ ;)
Sometimes it feels like I see nothing but 26 AA DAT breakdowns on SDN lately but in all seriousness good work.

Competitive DAT, upward trend for GPA (I am curious what your sGPA is now), good shadowing hrs and work experience.

DO NOT APPLY LATE! People apply late and even with competitive apps 3.6+ and 20+ AA still receive interviews but not always pre-december interviews and it is way more stressful to apply late and see everyone interview at 6 to 10 schools and you are still waiting in December and January for your first interview invite. I'm speaking from experience on this one.

Research your schools wisely and only apply to schools that YOU would ACTUALLY go to. Too many threads where people apply broadly to schools and don't get into their state schools but get into USC or NYU and then post how they are just now considering how much that school would be and what the loans would like and how they are not sure they really wanna go there. Its super annoying. This research and deliberation should happen BEFORE you apply and interview somewhere.

With a Strong PS, good LORs and your stats. Sounds like a recipe for an acceptance. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Omg I got 2 interview invites already!!! I'm so excited!

Reactions: 2 users
Omg I got 2 interview invites already!!! I'm so excited!
I was told the average for 3.3 GPA acceptance is 21 DAT. So you're above average. Interviews are really important though. My friend had a 3.9 GPA and 23 DAT but did horrible in his interviews and didn't get into 10 schools he got interviews for(of course he said he wanted to be a dentist for money).

I was told the average for 3.3 GPA acceptance is 21 DAT. So you're above average. Interviews are really important though. My friend had a 3.9 GPA and 23 DAT but did horrible in his interviews and didn't get into 10 schools he got interviews for(of course he said he wanted to be a dentist for money).

so no acceptances?

Only a 23AA?? Most SDNers would say you need at least a 26+ ;)
Sometimes it feels like I see nothing but 26 AA DAT breakdowns on SDN lately but in all seriousness good work.

Competitive DAT, upward trend for GPA (I am curious what your sGPA is now), good shadowing hrs and work experience.

DO NOT APPLY LATE! People apply late and even with competitive apps 3.6+ and 20+ AA still receive interviews but not always pre-december interviews and it is way more stressful to apply late and see everyone interview at 6 to 10 schools and you are still waiting in December and January for your first interview invite. I'm speaking from experience on this one.

Research your schools wisely and only apply to schools that YOU would ACTUALLY go to. Too many threads where people apply broadly to schools and don't get into their state schools but get into USC or NYU and then post how they are just now considering how much that school would be and what the loans would like and how they are not sure they really wanna go there. Its super annoying. This research and deliberation should happen BEFORE you apply and interview somewhere.

With a Strong PS, good LORs and your stats. Sounds like a recipe for an acceptance. Best of luck!

How late is late?

so no acceptances?
He didn't, he got in the year after though. But he's extremely arrogant, so that could have factored. He was also class president, top 3 in GPA in the entire class, etc. He's just horrible at interviews cause he's too honest lol

Last edited:

Is my overall GPA going to affect negatively? Do yall know of anyone who's gotten in with Master's degree? Thank you.[/QUOTE

Can I ask the name of the school or program you dis for the masters. Numbers look great