What are my chances for dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

username121234

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
About myself
  • Cum. GPA: 3.32
  • GPA in pre reqs 3.25
  • ~200 Volunteer hours
  • ~150 Shadowing Hours
  • Taking the DAT this summer
  • Current junior in spring semester, applying next cycle
  • LORs from physics professor, research advisor, biology professor, and dentist I've shadowed 90% of my hours with.
  • General upward trend in GPA beginning with a 3.09 fall freshman year, to a 3.47 last semester.
I know a lot is up in the air having not taken the DAT, but assuming I do well and everything else remains constant, what are my chances of getting in? Any specific areas I can improve on that will improve my chances the most?

Members don't see this ad.

About myself
  • Cum. GPA: 3.32
  • GPA in pre reqs 3.25
  • ~200 Volunteer hours
  • ~150 Shadowing Hours
  • Taking the DAT this summer
  • Current junior in spring semester, applying next cycle
  • LORs from physics professor, research advisor, biology professor, and dentist I've shadowed 90% of my hours with.
  • General upward trend in GPA beginning with a 3.09 fall freshman year, to a 3.47 last semester.
I know a lot is up in the air having not taken the DAT, but assuming I do well and everything else remains constant, what are my chances of getting in? Any specific areas I can improve on that will improve my chances the most?
You’re looking solid! Just do well on the DAT and you should be ready to go! And by next cycle do you mean this upcoming one?

You’re looking solid! Just do well on the DAT and you should be ready to go! And by next cycle do you mean this upcoming one?
No, I apologize for the ambiguity in my wording. I mean I'll be applying June 2019 after graduation, using that gap year to continue to strengthen my app.

Reactions: 1 user