What are my chances for dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentalstudent58394

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
c

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Because you have a very high DAT and a strong upward trend, I think you should get some interviews as long as you have good ECs, LORs and SOP. Apply broadly. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you! Do you know if schools have a GPA cut off? I am worried my science GPA may cause me to be filtered out without them even looking at my app..not sure if the 2.98 will round up or how that works
Some do but the ones I've seen were around 2.75. But since all the schools are different, do some research so you don't waste any money.

Sent from my XT1575 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a 24 AA and a 3.24 GPA with an upward trend and had a couple of interviews... I also wasn't complete until the beginning of October so that might explain the couple part

I had a 24 AA and a 3.24 GPA with an upward trend and had a couple of interviews... I also wasn't complete until the beginning of October so that might explain the couple part

Congrats on the interviews! What was your science GPA if you don't mind me asking? That's what I'm most worried out for myself...

Congrats on the interviews! What was your science GPA if you don't mind me asking? That's what I'm most worried out for myself...

My sGPA was a 3.21. I am currently in an SMP program working on my GPA aspect of my application but went ahead and applied since I did have an upward trend right at the end. IF I reapply, at least I will have a lot more of my SMP grades in

I wouldn't sweat it. You have a great DAT and a good excuse for a year that tanked your overall GPA.

Why were you working as a scribe? Did you used to be pre MD?