Western University of Health Sciences, College of Podiatric Medicine (WUCPM) Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Weirdy

Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Hello I am a current 2nd year student at western and can provide some insight of what it's like at WesternU CPM.

Hello! I'm also a current 2nd yr student at WesternU CPM. Happy to answer any questions or provide insight for those interested in WesternU!.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I am a current second year at WesternU CPM. Please let me know if you have any questions, and I would be glad to help!

Hello! I am a current 2nd year student at WesternU CPM, please let me know if you have any questions.

Hello decided to attend Western for this upcoming Fall 2023 :) Anyone know if there is a group page or any form of communication for this upcoming cohort. Or if anyone else is planning on attending western here :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hello decided to attend Western for this upcoming Fall 2023 :) Anyone know if there is a group page or any form of communication for this upcoming cohort. Or if anyone else is planning on attending western here :)
Hello SilverChrome25! Congratulations on your acceptance and decision to attend WesternU! Traditionally students within the cohort will start the facebook group and people will search it up and join as they get accepted and make their decision to attend. This helps to keep the group specifically just for the students without any school involvement; allows for open communication amongst the cohort.

Once school begins you will meet your cohort during welcome week and usually some sort of group chat or discussion board is started. Discord is currently being used by my cohort (2025) as well as the first year cohort (2026). If you're interested in the school generating a platform in order to connect the 2027 class earlier I could bring this up with our Dean of Student Affairs and see if something can be generated.

In the mean time if you have any other questions about WesternU please feel free to PM me and I can provide me email for further correspondence.

Congratulations again on your acceptance!

Oh perfect!!! Do you happen to know what they normally title it on like facebook? And thank you so much, super excited for the upcoming school year!!!

Hello SilverChrome25! Congratulations on your acceptance and decision to attend WesternU! Traditionally students within the cohort will start the facebook group and people will search it up and join as they get accepted and make their decision to attend. This helps to keep the group specifically just for the students without any school involvement; allows for open communication amongst the cohort.

Once school begins you will meet your cohort during welcome week and usually some sort of group chat or discussion board is started. Discord is currently being used by my cohort (2025) as well as the first year cohort (2026). If you're interested in the school generating a platform in order to connect the 2027 class earlier I could bring this up with our Dean of Student Affairs and see if something can be generated.

In the mean time if you have any other questions about WesternU please feel free to PM me and I can provide me email for further correspondence.

Congratulations again on your acceptance!
I have also been accepted to Western's DPM program and would love a platform to connect the 2027 class before the actual school year starts. I think it would be a great way for students to get to know each other (and possibly find roommates for housing if needed). I checked facebook and did not see a group for our cohort. Would the school be able to create a platform for the new 2027 class? Or do you think it would be better if one of the students in the cohort made the platform themselves? However, the benefit that I see of the school creating one is that they could promote it to those who have been accepted and those that will be accepted in the future.

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone accepted to WesternU for the CPM class of 2027! I am a current second-year student at WesternU. Please feel free to message me if any of you have questions along the way. I am excited for you to continue your amazing journey at Western!

I have also been accepted to Western's DPM program and would love a platform to connect the 2027 class before the actual school year starts. I think it would be a great way for students to get to know each other (and possibly find roommates for housing if needed). I checked facebook and did not see a group for our cohort. Would the school be able to create a platform for the new 2027 class? Or do you think it would be better if one of the students in the cohort made the platform themselves? However, the benefit that I see of the school creating one is that they could promote it to those who have been accepted and those that will be accepted in the future.
Hi! I am also in the second-year class at WesternU. It is common for someone in the cohort to make a FB page before starting the program! Once you guys meet during welcome week, then you can set up a discord/groupme with everyone's numbers (or earlier!). Feel free to make/adjust any communication that works for you guys! That would be great if the school can make one, but based on past cohorts it has always been made by the students. On you portal, there are also resources for finding roommates/housing if needed!

Hey I’m thinking about applying here but I wanted to see what y’all thought of the area? I have a wife and dog and we are expecting our first child in July and want to make sure the area is safe and good housing?

Hi everyone :) I'm attending western this upcoming fall and made a FB group page for the incoming cohort! We can just use this as our communication for the meantime until school starts! Feel free to DM me if you here if sent a request to join. The FB group page should be WesternU CPM Class of 2027 and it should have like a leafy group page photo!!! A little less than 4 months until school starts!

Hi everyone :) I'm attending western this upcoming fall and made a FB group page for the incoming cohort! We can just use this as our communication for the meantime until school starts! Feel free to DM me if you here if sent a request to join. The FB group page should be WesternU CPM Class of 2027 and it should have like a leafy group page photo!!! A little less than 4 months until school starts!
I don’t see the page. Can you post the link on here?

Hey I’m thinking about applying here but I wanted to see what y’all thought of the area? I have a wife and dog and we are expecting our first child in July and want to make sure the area is safe and good housing?
Hi I am a second year podiatry student at WesternU and a SoCal native. There is student housing available that is right on campus known as the Daumier which a lot of students opt for. Although I have heard that it is on higher end of cost when it comes to rent. There is on campus security 24/7 and the t Pomona police department is 3 blocks away from campus. Majority of the students tend to rent in a neighboring area and have a 10min commute to campus. It truly is your personal preference if you would like to walk to class or have a short drive. The neighboring cities most students look into are Chino Hills, Chino, Claremont, Montclair, Diamond Bar and sometimes even Ontario (which is a bit further east).

I hope this answers your question and I am happy to answer any other question that may come up.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I'm also a second year pod here at WesternU. Like you I'm married, have a dog, and my wife and I just welcomed our first child this past October! If you have any questions about WesternU or navigating podiatry school with a spouse and child feel free to reach out. Here and happy to answer any questions you may have.