Western/COMP Discussion Thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
patience IS a virtue. I just wish they would hurry up :D
Ya most likely, my guess is that some people will withdraw just before the deposit deadline as well.

They still have people interviewing though, so I dunno how many of the acceptances will go to people waitlisted vs interviewing...

Patience is a virtue, one which I struggle with sometimes ;)

Members don't see this ad.

It's been over 3 months on the waitlist...My patience is running on near empty.:D

I called two days ago - alternate list =/
Did you find out you were on the waitlist by calling? B/C I called and they said they do not give out that information by phone unless you fax them a copy of a pending acceptance somewhere else.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah they told me on the phone because I had a deposit pending at Touro-CA... which I ended up having to pay...but I'd be decently happy going there.

Didi you send them a letter of intent? and new rec letters etc...???
If not you should!

It's been over 3 months on the waitlist...My patience is running on near empty.:D

So the second deposit was due today...Hopefully those of us on the alternate list will begin to hear something soon...

so.....i have been talking to the ladies in the admin office and they ahve made it very clear that they will not be looking at the Alternate List until they are done interviewing.

She said that usually they start looking at it around the end of May start of June and keep going to it until they are full.

I tried everything and they would not reconsider my app until they move to the list.

Needless to say, i am also pretty anxious about it.

But i think im starting to really like the idea of going to AZCOM so that might be what i end of doing anyhow. Too Bad For Western. They LOSE ;)

I just got an interview invite for April 2nd, so hopefully this time next month I'll have some good news. I'm going to read through this thread, but any tips and advice for the interview?

I'm a non-trad student, 28mcat
gpa 3.4 overall
science 3.5
but last 3 years science 3.7ish and non science 4.0
researched a year, and published in AJOG, lots of volunteer, leadership, and shadowing.

I just got an interview invite for April 2nd, so hopefully this time next month I'll have some good news. I'm going to read through this thread, but any tips and advice for the interview?

I'm a non-trad student, 28mcat
gpa 3.4 overall
science 3.5
but last 3 years science 3.7ish and non science 4.0
researched a year, and published in AJOG, lots of volunteer, leadership, and shadowing.

I just interviewed last week and it was a great experience. The campus/surrounding area isn't that impressive but the faculty and students were some of the most laid back and helpful I've encountered. The interview was VERY straight forward and almost just conversational. You will get 3 guranteed ?'s Why medicine, why DO, and why Western. The rest are likely just to ask about other aspects of your application but as I said it's very straight forward and from the people who interviewed my day no one really got the "pressure" interview.

The dean told us the class is about 75% filled so you're not interviewing for the waitlist at this point. My recommendations would be just to read through your application, be yourself and for god sakes take an extra day or so and enjoy the beach while your there. The weather is gorgeous right now :thumbup:

so.....i have been talking to the ladies in the admin office and they ahve made it very clear that they will not be looking at the Alternate List until they are done interviewing.

She said that usually they start looking at it around the end of May start of June and keep going to it until they are full.

That's interesting as my latest correspondence with the ladies in the office told me that they would begin reviewing the files some time in March. I guess it really doesn't make any difference!:laugh:

according to last year's thread, a few were accepted july and aug; no one posted that they were accepted from the waitlist in march. sithr, we should try to block it out of our minds for at least another month.:mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, i got the feeling that they werent accepting people from that list until right beofre school starts. Sithr...i thought i saw somewhere that u might be going to AZCOM. How come u want WEstern so much?

im in this situation and im starting to feel like Western isnt really better than AZCOM. for a while i felt like it was.....there is just not way to tell. I wish there were rankings of some sort.

Hey guys just jumpin in and saying that I'm giving up my interview spot on march 25th. Feel like a dick for canceling so late but it is what it is. Hopefully one of you will get it!

Thanks for letting us know! I emailed them today asking for an earlier spot if it became available so hopefully it will come one of our ways :)

Got acceptance letter today in mail. I interviewed on the 5th. I'm from socal just in case anyone is wondering. Deposit due by the 31st. Definitely going. TIME TO RELAX.

was that february 5 or march 5? I interviewed on feb. 12 and still don't have my letter in the mail...I'm probably going to call them today...

I tried everything and they would not reconsider my app until they move to the list.

Needless to say, i am also pretty anxious about it.

But i think im starting to really like the idea of going to AZCOM so that might be what i end of doing anyhow. Too Bad For Western. They LOSE ;)

I thought someone on this thread was saying how the "dean" told them they WERE interviewing for the alternate list... and that's "just how" they do things after mid February....

^that's what he told me, just passed it on. Maybe they accepted fewer people than they expected from my group, or a lot of people dropped out in favor of other schools.

Hmmm interesting, that's probably the case as there are some schools that had early march as their deposit deadlines. Oh well who is complaining right? :D

I interviewed on March 5th. They told our group that they were near capacity so I was really bummed out that day. I called the admissions counselors last week but none of them were notified that the class was full. My acceptance letter was dated March 16th and I received it yesterday the 18th. Good luck to everyone. Hope you guys hear good news soon.

I interviewed on March 5th. They told our group that they were near capacity so I was really bummed out that day. I called the admissions counselors last week but none of them were notified that the class was full. My acceptance letter was dated March 16th and I received it yesterday the 18th. Good luck to everyone. Hope you guys hear good news soon.

Yup, Got that letter too. I am in !!!!!!!! Most likely will be attending. good luck to everyone else.

I applied really late and just got an interview for April 2nd also.

I'm hearing a few different things about interviewing for waitlist spots vs not. Are there still spots available that they're interviewing for? Are my chances even existent at this point?

I interviewed 2 weeks ago and got accepted. Keep in mind this was after someone posted on here that there were no more spots left in the class.

I interviewed 2 weeks ago and got accepted. Keep in mind this was after someone posted on here that there were no more spots left in the class.

Well that's encouraging- Congrats! It's so tricky to know what the truth is... Maybe I do still have a chance :confused:

I had my interview today, great school! I was very impressed, and the interview was laid back and relaxed. I'm really hoping I get an offer in a couple weeks.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to interview!

i just got accepted to western/COMP today! the dean called me personally to congratulate me.

for those who are wondering, i interviewed last thursday (3/26). see you all in the fall :)

Congrats on getting in! Did you get a call because you had another pending acceptance? I am anxiously waiting to get my letter.

We would have interviewed together on the 26th, I was the one with the red hair and brown suit.

nope this is my first acceptance. they just had their admission committee today so i think they were calling everyone that got in....or i might be wrong.

oh you interviewed last thursday too? there were a lot of people that day i dont really remember anyone in a brown suit. regardless best of luck to you!

Those who have put down their deposit and plan on attending western should go join the Comp 2013 Facebook Group!!!

Congrats to all!!!!

sounds like Western had a great year for the match! Congrats to all recently accepted students.

Hey gang, just had my interview today. I felt really good about it and would really like to get accepted here. Its my #1 choice. Congrats to those just accepted, and good luck to those who also interviewed today.

i just got accepted to western/COMP today! the dean called me personally to congratulate me.

for those who are wondering, i interviewed last thursday (3/26). see you all in the fall :)

Is this APril Fool Joke???? Because i asked Western Admin, they said there is no such thing!!!

Hey gang, just had my interview today. I felt really good about it and would really like to get accepted here. Its my #1 choice. Congrats to those just accepted, and good luck to those who also interviewed today.

Go 4/2 people!

Is this APril Fool Joke???? Because i asked Western Admin, they said there is no such thing!!!

i thought it might've been an april fool's joke but it wasn't. good thing for me i guess

the committee meets every wednesday to go over the previous week's interviewee's so it makes sense as 4/1 was a wednesday. i got called around 430 pm.

i thought it might've been an april fool's joke but it wasn't. good thing for me i guess

the committee meets every wednesday to go over the previous week's interviewee's so it makes sense as 4/1 was a wednesday. i got called around 430 pm.

Thanks Littleazn, i asked because i interviewed the same date as you...so anybody else interviewed on 3/26 got accept yet??

Shout oUT!

I interviewed on the 26th and still anxiously waiting.

After the interview I had to go over to the admissions office and my counselor told me that they only mail out letters unless you can fax them a copy of another acceptance and that you have to wait for the snail mail. Hopefully we'll get letters soon, I'm guessing they probably didn't get out yesterday with them interviewing all day so we'll see!

Anybody know what their interview schedule is like? Are they still offering interviews for the upcoming Fall class?

I interviewed on the 26th and still anxiously waiting.

After the interview I had to go over to the admissions office and my counselor told me that they only mail out letters unless you can fax them a copy of another acceptance and that you have to wait for the snail mail. Hopefully we'll get letters soon, I'm guessing they probably didn't get out yesterday with them interviewing all day so we'll see!

Me too!!! i am anxiously waiting too because Western is my first choice and my first interview...what if LittleAZn is right...what if they called those that are accepted and send letter to those on alternative list only!!

Ambermay, do you live in socal too?? because i'm afraid that they call they in socal if they get accepted and mail to those outersate!

oh man.....i hat the waiting process!!

I am out of state. The theory I'm personally sticking with is the dean wanted a "feel good" moment and gave a call, but didn't have time to call everyone so most of us will still hear by letters for either acceptance or being waitlisted. It is standard that everyone hears by snail mail so now we all get to work on our patience and wait, which is hard to do.

Good luck to all those waiting and hopefully we get our letters of acceptance soon!

I just got the call of my acceptance last Monday (interviewed 3/24). During my interview they said multiple times that they only call if you can fax or scan a copy of an acceptance from another school. Otherwise you have to wait by the mail box. I don't remember why they do that but they really tried to drive that point home. Good luck to everyone waiting it out, hopefully I'll see you guys in August

I just got the call of my acceptance last Monday (interviewed 3/24). During my interview they said multiple times that they only call if you can fax or scan a copy of an acceptance from another school. Otherwise you have to wait by the mail box. I don't remember why they do that but they really tried to drive that point home. Good luck to everyone waiting it out, hopefully I'll see you guys in August

Are you from out-state or in socal? thanks for letting me know that,hopefully i will get a good result soon!!

Are you from out-state or in socal? thanks for letting me know that,hopefully i will get a good result soon!!

In state. I actually live very close to Western.

interviewed on mar19

got acceptance letter today (forgot to check mail from yesterday)

=)

last I heard there were still spots open at Western for all you wait-listers :)

Do they still offer interviews this late in the application cycle? Would love to get an interview there!

Has anyone that interviewed on March 12th heard back yet?

I was actually able to call in (due to a pending deposit) to find out that I was accepted on the 23rd, but I have not received any official letter from the school. I'm actually getting more and more concerned, as some of those that interviewed after me have received their letters.

I've emailed the office, and I was just given the response that "we're busy, but rest assured, we're sending it out soon." Unfortunately that was last Monday and I have yet to receive a letter. I'll give them a call today, but has anyone else had this problem?

Yeah I interviewed on March 12th and have not heard anything at all yet. I am about to call them up too as I have a pending acceptance as well. I called them a few times because they said they notify students within 2 weeks. It's almost been 4 weeks. I really want to go there too. It's number one choice and I've been anxiously waiting for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.