West LA Hourly Rate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bejeweled

Reaction score
Semi up to date list of what various hospitals are paying. Please feel free to add on:

Cedars $300 ($350 after 7pm) OR time
Saint Johns $300 OR time

Kaiser $250 8hour shift
UCLA $300 8hour shift

Anyone have info on Little Company of Mary, Marina Del Rey, Torrance Memorial, UCLA Santa Monica?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Are these direct per diem? Wonder how much locums in LA is paying these days. Probably still wouldn't do it with the taxes and COL.

Members don't see this ad :)
Semi up to date list of what various hospitals are paying. Please feel free to add on:

Cedars $300 ($350 after 7pm) OR time
Saint Johns $300 OR time

Kaiser $250 8hour shift
UCLA $300 8hour shift

Anyone have info on Little Company of Mary, Marina Del Rey, Torrance Memorial, UCLA Santa Monica?

Are all those places using locums and/or per diems?

Per diem rates. Not sure if any use locums.

Agreed 250 isn't great. But at least they guarantee 8 hours pay.

Per diem rates. Not sure if any use locums.

Agreed 250 isn't great. But at least they guarantee 8 hours pay.

250hr with 8 hours guaranteed is good? Come on, the going rate is 350+, 10hr guaranteed with mileage reimbursed.

Reactions: 1 users
250hr with 8 hours guaranteed is good? Come on, the going rate is 350+, 10hr guaranteed with mileage reimbursed.
Wow I was not aware of anyone offering that rate/guarantee in West LA. Please share which hospital.

But living in west la worth 100$/hr, 24*365

Everyone has their own situation and it isn’t always about maximizing income. Some may not want to commute and have a reason to be in west LA.

I’m just saying $500k for 40 hours/week with no late nights or weekends isn’t terrible.

Reactions: 2 users
Everyone has their own situation and it isn’t always about maximizing income. Some may not want to commute and have a reason to be in west LA.

I’m just saying $500k for 40 hours/week with no late nights or weekends isn’t terrible.

500k you need to work for Kaiser 50 weeks. holidays excluded, you need to work every week.

This is 1099. In addition, most CA folks carry their own malpractice insurance (I guess Kaiser covers)

Reactions: 1 user
500k you need to work for Kaiser 50 weeks. holidays excluded, you need to work every week.

This is 1099. In addition, most CA folks carry their own malpractice insurance (I guess Kaiser covers)

I said the UCLA job was the only decent one listed ($300/hr for 8 hrs/day = $528k with 8 weeks vacation). I agree Kaiser is lowballing at $250/hr but simply pointed out that it's probably still better than $300/hr for OR time only.

So to summarize, for the above numbers, UCLA >>> Kaiser > Cedars/Saint John's.

Reactions: 1 users