Wayne State University PharmD 2010-2011 Application Cycle (For fall 2011)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@hillwilliam: how long before you heard back? By e-mail or U.S. mail? Thanks. :D

A week for the email notification of acceptance.

Then, I think another week after that to get the letter in the mail that I had to sign and send in with the the deposit.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone on here that was at the January 19th interview? If so, did you hear back from Wayne State yet?

Anyone on here that was at the January 19th interview? If so, did you hear back from Wayne State yet?
I interviewed on the 19th and have yet to hear anything...

I have checked my email like 200 times today...hopefully we hear something soon!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on the 19th and have yet to hear anything...

I have checked my email like 200 times today...hopefully we hear something soon!

LOL! I've been doing the same here! Hopefully by Friday we'll get a reply.

seriously though i wish i knew if there were any other interviewees who had a discussion-like interview. im hoping i wasn't doomed from the second i walked in... :scared:

@hillwilliam: how long before you heard back? By e-mail or U.S. mail? Thanks. :D

I had my interview the first date in Jan and I heard back from WSU in one week. So I believe you should expect to hear back in one week too.
Also, they didn't take any notes during my interview, but as I left the room I saw them writing something alot!:confused:

I had my interview the first date in Jan and I heard back from WSU in one week. So I believe you should expect to hear back in one week too.
Also, they didn't take any notes during my interview, but as I left the room I saw them writing something alot!:confused:
did you get accepted?

**EDIT** nevermind, i see you have been. im feeling maybe slightly more optimistic now...

Last edited:
seriously though i wish i knew if there were any other interviewees who had a discussion-like interview. im hoping i wasn't doomed from the second i walked in... :scared:

My interview was discussion-like as well. They probably only asked me 2 or 3 real questions, we basically just talked the rest of the time. Before I knew it, they asked me if I had any questions. I think that is what they are looking for so I feel really well about it.

good luck...and when did you interview? have you heard anything?:thumbup:

My interview was discussion-like as well. They probably only asked me 2 or 3 real questions, we basically just talked the rest of the time. Before I knew it, they asked me if I had any questions. I think that is what they are looking for so I feel really well about it.

good luck...and when did you interview? have you heard anything?:thumbup:
same exact thing happened with me. i almost wanted to ask, "really, no more questions?!" but i didn't. :laugh: my interview was this tuesday, january 25th. naturally, i haven't heard anything yet but it seems like everyone finds out about a week later this year so ill be expecting something next tuesday. good luck to you also! im going to keep everyone updated so that next year when someone is concerned about the interview (if it went like mine) maybe i can give them a better idea by telling them whether i got accepted or not.

Has anyone who interviewed on Jan 19th heard anything back yet?

i just got my acceptance..i am so excited. thank you all for help i greatly appreciate it.
Congratulations to who got accepted !!

did any one else get a "thank you for interviewing" e-mail?!?! i got this today. what a tease.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on the 25th and just got my acceptance! excited!! :)

I interviewed on the 25th and just got my acceptance! excited!! :)
wow really? that's really soon! i thought the admissions committee didn't meet for our group yet... well congrats! :thumbup:

heyyy has anyone been accepted and received a thank you for interviewing email??

Got my acceptance email today from my january 25th interview!!!
sooo excited :)

Congratulations to everyone who got it!
I haven't heard back from them yet. It's making me nervous...:(

does getting a "thank you for interviewing," e-mail mean you got deferred then? :(

does getting a "thank you for interviewing," e-mail mean you got deferred then? :(

I'm not entirely sure, but the only thing I got was that they received my application from PharmCAS and that they were interviewing 180-200 candidates. And this is after I had my interview on the 19th. They're being so vague...:eek:

Sorry for the double post, but did the first few words of the e-mail say "Thank you for interviewing...."?

I GOT IN TOOOOOO!!!! Yaaaaayyyy for the class of 2015!!! :D

hey guys. for those you that have already been accepted and still finishing up ur pre requisites, did they tell u u have to maintain a certain GPA?

hey guys. for those you that have already been accepted and still finishing up ur pre requisites, did they tell u u have to maintain a certain GPA?

Nope. During the interview they provided each of us with a list of any outstanding prerequisites. From this list, "The following science / non-science prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of C/2.0 or higher by the end of ....."

For science: May 2010
For non-science: August 2010

oh thats good i thought they would want u to maintain a certain GPA. r u taking any pre-req science classes?

Nope. During the interview they provided each of us with a list of any outstanding prerequisites. From this list, "The following science / non-science prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of C/2.0 or higher by the end of ....."

For science: May 2010
For non-science: August 2010

I'm all done my pre-reqs but im still in school because im getting a 3 year bachelor of general science degree so i dont have to take those other random courses you need if you don't have a degree...so I wouldnt have to get any specific grades in my remaining courses then??

anyone else (other than those who already posted it) hear back from their Jan 25th interview? it's been over a week now! getting nervous...

do they usually send out admissions decisions on Friday or something?

anyone else (other than those who already posted it) hear back from their Jan 25th interview? it's been over a week now! getting nervous...

do they usually send out admissions decisions on Friday or something?

If you didn't get in from the jan 25th interview on friday, it doesn't mean that you won't get in...but im pretty sure that they have decided on all of the candidates they want for now and then will decide on the other ones at a later date...not sure when tho!

If you didn't get in from the jan 25th interview on friday, it doesn't mean that you won't get in...but im pretty sure that they have decided on all of the candidates they want for now and then will decide on the other ones at a later date...not sure when tho!

i meant it seems as though they send out e-mails on Fridays (i.e. fridays in general). they have interviews up until mid february...so i really doubt they have all the seats filled already. but then again, idk. congrats to you, though! ill just have to wait and see...hopefully tomorrow (Friday) i get an acceptance! or something!

i heard that wayne state accepts a certain amount of students (not sure how many) from the earlier interviews and then they interview everyone els but wait until all the interviews r done and then make a decision.

i meant it seems as though they send out e-mails on Fridays (i.e. fridays in general). they have interviews up until mid february...so i really doubt they have all the seats filled already. but then again, idk. congrats to you, though! ill just have to wait and see...hopefully tomorrow (Friday) i get an acceptance! or something!

i heard that wayne state accepts a certain amount of students (not sure how many) from the earlier interviews and then they interview everyone els but wait until all the interviews r done and then make a decision.

Wayne State rolls their admissions. This is stated on the FAQ's on their website and also one of the admission's committee members that interviewed me told me this. A friend of my interviewed as recently as Monday 1/31 and received an email notifying them of their acceptance on Friday 2/4.

I'm sure after all the interviews, they may still have some slots to fill and look at previously interviewed candidates.

Last edited:
lol...so i was interviewed on the 25th and the next day i sent my interviewers a thank you email. finally, today, i got a response from one of them...telling me he wishes me success in the admissions process and beyond...BUT STILL NO ACCEPTANCE EMAIL! or denial, or waitlisted email, for that matter!!! :smuggrin: killing me. :xf:

hey everyone ...congrats! to everyone that got into WSU pharm school!!

i haven't heard from them yet after the interview.....
futurepharmd4....if you don't mind please share ur stats like PCAT and GPA...i wanted to see where i stand.

and also others please share the stats if you don't mind....it would be very helpful : )

Got my acceptance e-mail today!

Stats:

GPA: 3.75
PCAT: 83

Waitlisted at Wayne. :yawn: Doesn't matter, as I've already been accepted at Ferris State and am likely going there. :thumbup:

Hey guys
I am a sophmore at Wayne and I plan on taking my pcat this july. I have like a 3.5 I was wondering if any of you got in with that gpa and what you scored on your pcat.

Hey guys
I am a sophmore at Wayne and I plan on taking my pcat this july. I have like a 3.5 I was wondering if any of you got in with that gpa and what you scored on your pcat.

I had a 71 PCAT and my science GPA was a 3.1. But my over-all GPA was around a 3.6. I was wait-listed but I think it's because I had to do one of the later interviews. And then of course I got pulled off the waitlist. I must have been pretty close to the top of the list. Hope that helps you.

Hey guys

Get ~80 and you'll prob. be fine. :D

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to apply to Wayne State for the 2012 cycle and I'm studying for my PCAT which I will take this coming July.

Here is some more information about myself:
a. Schools you are applying to Only Wayne State
b. Overall GPA 3.420
c. Math/Science GPA 3.22
d. GPA in last one or two school years 3.55
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite) I'll find out after I take it in July
f. Pharmacy experience obtained 31 hours of shadowing 3 clinical pharmacists
g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary) I want to submit sometime in September

Additionally, the following will help us gauge your chances but are more optional:
h. Number of LORs and source of LORs 1 from my biochem prof, 1 from my physio prof & maybe one from a pharmacist
i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience I am involved in a lot of student clubs & worked for my family business for a few years during undergrad.
j. Self-perception of interview skills Overall pretty good
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality Overall pretty good

What PCAT score can give me a good chance for getting in? Wayne State is my number 1 choice

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to apply to Wayne State for the 2012 cycle and I'm studying for my PCAT which I will take this coming July.

Here is some more information about myself:
a. Schools you are applying to Only Wayne State
b. Overall GPA 3.420
c. Math/Science GPA 3.22
d. GPA in last one or two school years 3.55
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite) I'll find out after I take it in July
f. Pharmacy experience obtained 31 hours of shadowing 3 clinical pharmacists
g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary) I want to submit sometime in September

Additionally, the following will help us gauge your chances but are more optional:
h. Number of LORs and source of LORs 1 from my biochem prof, 1 from my physio prof & maybe one from a pharmacist
i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience I am involved in a lot of student clubs & worked for my family business for a few years during undergrad.
j. Self-perception of interview skills Overall pretty good
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality Overall pretty good

What PCAT score can give me a good chance for getting in? Wayne State is my number 1 choice

Hi,
GPA 3.48
sGPA 3.33
A ****load of extra curricular activities and research paper.
PCAT: 73
Degree in hand.
I applied very early, beginning of august. I got invited to the first interview section for the incoming class on December 9 i think. Got the acceptance email a week later.

Do above 70 on the PCAT ( the higher the better), be confident in your abilities, show some knowledgeable about the field of pharmacy and u will be golden.

Good Luck
Albo

Thank you so much for your response!!! I've been waiting to hear from someone who has similar stats to mine because I'm literally putting everything on the line for Wayne State bc I absolutely must live in Detroit during pharm school.

The only thing that truly worries me is my lack of experience in pharmacy, I only have shadowing experience and just got my pharm tech license this month with no work experience. It's pretty much because I chose to be pre-pharm a few years into my undergrad.

Depending on how well I do on the PCAT this July, I do plan on submitting my application as soon as possible in August once I get my score.

Hey Albo and everyone else, here are the scores from my PCAT:

Verbal 77
Biology 94
Chemistry 96
Reading Comp 47
Quantitative Ability 77
Composite: 88

I was thrilled with my score, I just hope I will eventually get in while considering all of my stats. The only thing I'm worried about is if they call me out about having a lack of experience. I've shadowed 3 clinical pharmacists for 31 hours so I hope that will be sufficient :xf:

^ Hey, it looks like we're in the same boat and trying to get in Wayne State for the 2012 cycle! Best of luck, your stats look awesome! I think some people on the forum would tell you to retake it if your chem is low, but if you have a 4.0 in chem then it might balance out. Maybe you should call WSU and see what they think.