Wash U Class of 2013!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quirks

Psych PGY-4
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, it's been really bothering me that we don't have a thread! (We don't, right? I searched and searched and searched).

Hello future classmates! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where we can find an actual like, class schedule calendar for any of the previous years? Google Calendar removed their search for public calendars. :( I know at least one year used to have their calendar there but I can't find it now.

Hello fellow classmates! I'm surprised that there hasn't been more activity on this thread. Is everyone excited? I haven't even started making any plans yet! Does anyone know if there is a wiki or something with info from previous M1s? Hoping to get info for things like apartments, cell phone providers... things like that.

Hello fellow classmates! I'm surprised that there hasn't been more activity on this thread. Is everyone excited? I haven't even started making any plans yet! Does anyone know if there is a wiki or something with info from previous M1s? Hoping to get info for things like apartments, cell phone providers... things like that.

I'm excited, and I'll be doing the WUMP :) I'm not sure about a wiki... I have verizon and it seemed to work really well both times I was in StL. I'll be living in a 2br a metrolink stop away (De Baliviere) from the CWE and my wife and I found that we will save $350-700/mo by getting out of the CWE! It's as safe as being closer, honestly. Hit up your medbuddy, don't you have one?

WashMe: Oh, I do have a medbuddy, but I feel guilty about bugging her with all my questions, you know? So I was hoping that there was a website I could pore over obsessively instead :laugh:.

lotrmemp: Thanks! I did! Welcome, honorary 2013!

WashMe: Oh, I do have a medbuddy, but I feel guilty about bugging her with all my questions, you know? So I was hoping that there was a website I could pore over obsessively instead :laugh:.

lotrmemp: Thanks! I did! Welcome, honorary 2013!

If your medbuddy just finished year 1, remember that she isn't in class right now (but she may be doing research). Either way, don't worry about bugging her. If she is busy, she simply won't respond quickly. No biggie. Just send her an email and make sure to say something like...

"I certainly understand if you are busy and cannot respond immediately, but if you can find a little time I would really appreciate some brief advice. I'm having trouble finding the answers to some of my questions, and I would benefit tremendously from help of someone who has recently confronted these same issues."

Then list your questions... neatly.

Then sign it off with a... "Thanks!"

The exclamation point seals the deal, then you're golden. Just lay on the good manners, and make it known that you appreciate her time.

The other really good resource is the Dis-O guide that they gave us when we interviewed. It was really helpful for apartment-hunting, and even has a section about nearby banks!