WAMC???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bowlerd1

Reaction score
Date of submission: AADSAS 05/30/2023
Overall GPA: 3.0
Science GPA: 3.1
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.2
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
PA: 23
QR: 19
RC: 23
Bio: 18
GC: 19
OC: 18
Total Science: 18
AA: 19

Undergrad Attended: University of Dayton (roll yers!)
Major: Pre-Dentistry
Minor: Business Administration
Minority? No
Reapplicant? NO
Nontrad? Gap-year, working at a dental office while I apply

Shadowing Experience: 300+, Dental Assisting at multiple offices.
Volunteering Experience: 200+
Employment: 1000+ Dental Assisting at multiple offices.
Research: None
Other Extracurriculars: Hours and type; includes athletics, military, leadership, etc. Collegiate Waterskiing, 10+ a week,
Relevant Honors or Awards: SHPEP Scholar, DR. Thomas Versic Memorial Scholarship, Official of the Month, Best Newcomer Official, Foever Flyer Grant, Father Chaminade Scholarship.
LOR type and strength:
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
School list:
Case Western
Indiana
LECOM
Marquette
tOSU
Detroit Mercy
UK
UL
UPenn
UTenessee
UWash

Members don't see this ad.

I personally think you’re going to need more privates given your gpa and DAT. Would consider: Temple, Touro, MW-IL, Nova, NYU, Creighton

Do you have upward trend in your GPA? Is your major pre-dentistry or just within biological sciences? Rest of your app seems okay, dental assisting isn’t shadowing but should be fine.

You applied early which will be in your favor. Unsure about your state of residence so I can’t comment on some of your school choices but given a lot are east coast, WashU stands out and may be tough to get in as well as UPenn (not for regional reasons). But those are solid reaches, as well as a mix of in range schools. I would just advise possibly expanding your list if you don’t have an upward trend since your metrics fall below averages for most schools.

Are you able to elaborate on what your volunteer work entails?

Hoping for some hits this cycle, applying early will help you out. Good luck and reach out for help on your interviews if you need it!

Reactions: 1 user
I personally think you’re going to need more privates given your gpa and DAT. Would consider: Temple, Touro, MW-IL, Nova, NYU, Creighton

Do you have upward trend in your GPA? Is your major pre-dentistry or just within biological sciences? Rest of your app seems okay, dental assisting isn’t shadowing but should be fine.

You applied early which will be in your favor. Unsure about your state of residence so I can’t comment on some of your school choices but given a lot are east coast, WashU stands out and may be tough to get in as well as UPenn (not for regional reasons). But those are solid reaches, as well as a mix of in range schools. I would just advise possibly expanding your list if you don’t have an upward trend since your metrics fall below averages for most schools.

Are you able to elaborate on what your volunteer work entails?

Hoping for some hits this cycle, applying early will help you out. Good luck and reach out for help on your interviews if you need it!
have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any d schools?

as i do most times, i agree with ryxn
UPenn and UW are huge reaches with your stats, and your list is way too short...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Date of submission: AADSAS 05/30/2023
Overall GPA: 3.0
Science GPA: 3.1
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.2
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
PA: 23
QR: 19
RC: 23
Bio: 18
GC: 19
OC: 18
Total Science: 18
AA: 19

Undergrad Attended: University of Dayton (roll yers!)
Major: Pre-Dentistry
Minor: Business Administration
Minority? No
Reapplicant? NO
Nontrad? Gap-year, working at a dental office while I apply

Shadowing Experience: 300+, Dental Assisting at multiple offices.
Volunteering Experience: 200+
Employment: 1000+ Dental Assisting at multiple offices.
Research: None
Other Extracurriculars: Hours and type; includes athletics, military, leadership, etc. Collegiate Waterskiing, 10+ a week,
Relevant Honors or Awards: SHPEP Scholar, DR. Thomas Versic Memorial Scholarship, Official of the Month, Best Newcomer Official, Foever Flyer Grant, Father Chaminade Scholarship.
LOR type and strength:
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
School list:
Case Western
Indiana
LECOM
Marquette
tOSU
Detroit Mercy
UK
UL
UPenn
UTenessee
UWash
my guess for residence is ohio, since OP goes to dayton, and case western and OSU are near the top of the list...

Reactions: 1 user
The low GPA will be an issue, and I presume your UD prehealth committee/advisor letter will be okay. Tennessee and Washington aren't good fits with geography. Penn doesn't work with metrics though being SHPEP... perhaps. Where did you do SHPEP?

VCU is usually more OOS friendly. I'd consider Temple instead of Penn. Rutgers perhaps if you were SHPEP. No Boston schools?