WAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jenna1999_

Reaction score
xx

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Would remove USC bc of tuition costs and remove CNU bc of non gov loans available and not fully accredited from my knowledge. Just initial accredited I think. I think you really should have case western and ohio on for the sole purpose of being your In state schools, even with your low DAT. Otherwise the list seems okay, have you checked that some schools take students from ohio? Unsure about UMKC and MUSC

Did you ever think about retaking the DAT? That seems to be the limiting factor

Would remove USC bc of tuition costs and remove CNU bc of non gov loans available and not fully accredited from my knowledge. Just initial accredited I think. I think you really should have case western and ohio on for the sole purpose of being your In state schools, even with your low DAT. Otherwise the list seems okay

Did you ever think about retaking the DAT? That seems to be the limiting factor
Yes, I thought about it, but I really don't want to go through it again. I really just want one acceptance and will go about anywhere. I'm pretty desperate

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I thought about it, but I really don't want to go through it again. I really just want one acceptance and will go about anywhere. I'm pretty desperate
Fair enough, but just be aware that you could be looking at a school with total COA reaching 120-150k/year. That’s 600k pre interest, 6k a month for 20 years. Higher dat score would warrant cheaper tuition and less burden on you.

Fair enough, but just be aware that you could be looking at a school with total COA reaching 120-150k/year. That’s 600k pre interest, 6k a month for 20 years. Higher dat score would warrant cheaper tuition and less burden on you.
Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it! Do you think I have a shot with what I have now to get a single acceptance?

Date of submission: 06/14/23
Overall GPA: 3.67
Science GPA: 3.52
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.53
DAT score: 18 AA, 19 TS, 19 Bio, 18 Chem, 18 Orgo, 19 RC, 18 QR, 18 PAT
State of Residence: Ohio

Major:
Biology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? Yes. I applied last cycle, late, and got 2 interviews. (My app has improved a lot since). I'm currently on a waitlist.
Nontrad?
No

Shadowing Experience: 510 hours.
Volunteering Experience:
150 hours.
Employment: Dental assistant: 400 hours. Orthodontist assistant: 100 hours. Both ongoing still.
Research: 300 hours of research, including 90 being apart of a research program at a dental school.
Other Extracurriculars:
Member of the Pre-Dental Club, member of Chemistry Club, and I have held a board position in Honors Society of my college.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's List for six semesters. Dean's scholarship for every semester of college.
LOR type and strength: One from dentist strong, One from committee strong, One from a professor.
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
No red flags.
School list:
LECOM. Creighton. MUSC. Detroit Mercy. MWU AZ, MWU IL, USC, California Northstate, WesternU, UMKC, Kentucky, Indiana, Roseman,Tufts, Louisville, AT Still AZ, AT Still Missouri.

Let me know any advice or tips or thoughts you guys have! thank you a lot guys!
where did you interview? waitlisted?
how did your app improve "a lot"?

I interviewed with LECOM and USC, did not hear back from LECOM, and got waitlisted at USC. My app improved a lot because I did not have much prior dental experience which was a issue many dental schools brought up, so I now have the dental assisting and orthodontic assisting, and a bit of volunteering at a free dental clinic. Also, I have more shadowing. I only had 46 hours of volunteering on my last app, and increased that number by 100 as well. I also submitted my app way earlier this time, if that makes any difference. also more research!

Last edited:
Did I miss why you aren't applying to Ohio State? I guess with the waitlists you have, we'll see how it goes, but it is telling you didn't get attention from OSU... like the fact they have early deadlines for their secondaries.

Did I miss why you aren't applying to Ohio State? I guess with the waitlists you have, we'll see how it goes, but it is telling you didn't get attention from OSU... like the fact they have early deadlines for their secondaries.
I did not apply to Ohio schools either years because I want to leave Ohio

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it! Do you think I have a shot with what I have now to get a single acceptance?
difficult to say tbh, you got 2 interviews last cycle and no A's so could also be your interview skills. I would work on trying to sharpen those up and be able to maturely answer why you were unsuccessful last cycle and what you've done to improve your app (outside of a DAT score retake, which they might ask about). It helps to understand your weaknesses

Reactions: 1 users
difficult to say tbh, you got 2 interviews last cycle and no A's so could also be your interview skills. I would work on trying to sharpen those up and be able to maturely answer why you were unsuccessful last cycle and what you've done to improve your app (outside of a DAT score retake, which they might ask about). It helps to understand your weaknesses
Appreciate the advice!! Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user