WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rvting

Reaction score
Date of submission: Currently finishing my application. ASAP
Overall GPA: 3.1
Science GPA: 2.88
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.11
Masters oGPA: 3.68
Masters sGPA: 3.67
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 20 across the board
State of Residence: michigan

To show my upward curve:
My last 3 years, or roughly half of my credits, come to 3.35. My last quart of credits come to 3.57. Last 30 credits come to 3.58.

Undergrad Attended: Detroit Mercy
Major: Bio
Minority? No-mixed race
Reapplicant?
Yes. 3rd attempt
Nontrad? no

Shadowing Experience:
~130 in person, between two offices
Volunteering Experience: DA ~170 hours. 5 hours for monthly food drive (trying to get more)
Employment: +1000 hours of golf course. Beginning work as a park ranger.
Research: NA
Other Extracurriculars:
Leadership class, a semester of predental club (got shut down due to covid)
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's list
LOR type and strength: 2 from stem professors, 1 from committee, 1 from dentist I volunteered with
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
Early college student.
School list:
Case western
Midwestern-illinois
Nova southeastern
Roseman
Touro
Colorado
Louisville
Maryland
New England
Pacific
Edit:
A.T miss
Cali Northstate
New York
Las Vegas

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Date of submission: Currently finishing my application. ASAP
Overall GPA: 3.1
Science GPA: 2.88
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.11
Masters oGPA: 3.68
Masters sGPA: 3.67
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 20 across the board
State of Residence: michigan

To show my upward curve:
My last 3 years, or roughly half of my credits, come to 3.35. My last quart of credits come to 3.57. Last 30 credits come to 3.58.

Undergrad Attended: Detroit Mercy
Major: Bio
Minority? No-mixed race
Reapplicant?
Yes. 3rd attempt
Nontrad? no

Shadowing Experience:
~130 in person, between two offices
Volunteering Experience: DA ~170 hours. 5 hours for monthly food drive (trying to get more)
Employment: +1000 hours of golf course. Beginning work as a park ranger.
Research: NA
Other Extracurriculars:
Leadership class, a semester of predental club (got shut down due to covid)
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's list
LOR type and strength: 2 from stem professors, 1 from committee, 1 from dentist I volunteered with
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
Early college student.
School list:
Case western
Midwestern-illinois
Nova southeastern
Roseman
Touro
Colorado
Louisville
Maryland
New England
Pacific
you need way more schools
uop is a huge reach...

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like with your masters you should be able to? Have you reached out to them and asked? It might be worth your while to do so.

I would also look into Marquette, NYU, Temple, Lecom, Creighton, ASDOH, MW-AZ

Since you're a 3rd-time reapplicant, you're going to have to apply to a ton of schools. Can't really beat around that bush. I'd say 15 minimum

I feel like with your masters you should be able to? Have you reached out to them and asked? It might be worth your while to do so.

Since you're a 3rd-time reapplicant, you're going to have to apply to a ton of schools. Can't really beat around that bush. I'd say 15 minimum
Yep I contacted them.
this was their response.
Untitled.png

Makes sense, I agree you have to include everything. But even though your undergrad is low, your master's seems okay. Which should help offset your undergrad GPA. Though it's not calculated together, if your courses are done it should help. Is your masters in biomed sciences?

Makes sense, I agree you have to include everything. But even though your undergrad is low, your master's seems okay. Which should help offset your undergrad GPA. Though it's not calculated together, if your courses are done it should help. Is your masters in biomed sciences?
My masters is simply in biology

How were your Casper scores?
I'm planning to retake it. They were poor because I couldn't type and communicate well.
The salt in the wound is that my mother just walked up to me in the middle of my recording interview and just started talking to me.

Reactions: 1 user

Marquette has a max community college credits of 45
Applying to NYU
Temple has a max of 6(?) . Maybe its a typo for 60, however according to DSE they don't say they accept community college.
Lecom is kinda out of my league but if memory serves me right they are a jesuit school, so perhaps I do have a chance but I doubt.
Creighton can't, I have a few bio and chem community college classes which they don't accept (but they do accept physics for some reason)
Applying to ASDOH

Marquette has a max community college credits of 45
Applying to NYU
Temple has a max of 6(?) . Maybe its a typo for 60, however according to DSE they don't say they accept community college.
Lecom is kinda out of my league but if memory serves me right they are a jesuit school, so perhaps I do have a chance but I doubt.
Creighton can't, I have a few bio and chem community college classes which they don't accept (but they do accept physics for some reason)
Applying to ASDOH
seems like you've done your research, just keep looking at schools. You may have to look all over to find schools that fit you app

LECOM is not religiously affiliated as far as I know.

What feedback have you received from your committee, especially given your last cycles?

I think the GoDental Virtual Fair is coming up, so you should make sure you attend. Figure out the 2-3 most important questions you want answered there or to welcome more private follow-up.