WAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lendaxhr

Reaction score
Date of submission:
Overall GPA: 3.7
Science GPA: 3.6
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.6
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 21 AA/ 23 TS/ 18 Pat/ 25 CHM/25 ORGO/16 QR/ 19 RC

State of Residence: Florida

Undergrad Attended: if you want to include this
Major: health science

Minor: none
Minority? no
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No-

Shadowing Experience: 100+ at general dentists
Volunteering Experience: 100+ at a children hospital, food banks, dental clinic
Employment: none
Research: none
Other Extracurriculars:
Relevant Honors or Awards: deans list
LOR type and strength: 2 science and 1 non science probably not so strong, 1 dentist strong

Schools: please let me know what to take off and what to add that is within my stats
Nova
lecom
Midwestern IL
Midwestern Arizona
USCSF
USC
Rutgers
Tufts
UF

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UCSF will be a decent reach school. A little bit all over the country with your school choices. I would try to narrow it down a little more. Instead of MW-IL, TUFTS, or Rutgers, maybe do ASDOH, UNLV, and Roseman/Western to give yourself a more regionally concise application. I usually recommend focusing on 2, maybe 3, regions. You have about 4 here, SouthEast, East Cost, South West, and Midwest. Because you might find it hard if in an interview why specifically you applied there when you are from the opposite end of the country. Easier to do if you focus in on one region, if that makes sense. (But again, your app so apply to schools you would see yourself at, but be realistic with your stats). The new threads for 2028 have the updated admissions information. You can look at schools you are interested in to see where you'd line up stats wise.

Do you have any leadership roles? Or what did you do during your undergrad? Participate in any clubs or activities? I would classify babysitting as employment rather than extracurriculars, assuming you got paid. Did you have any other jobs during your undergrad? You can include summer jobs.

What do you plan on talking about in your manual dexterity prompt? You'll want to offset your 18PAT since that is a little bit on the low end for matriculants.

I'm a little worried about your ECs, leadership, and volunteer roles. It seems a little lackluster to me outside of your stats since admissions now have a holistic screening, with your app being more empty it might get screened out until later in the cycle. Unless you are leaving things out, I would prefer to give a solid review. Are you graduating next year?

If you have time, I'd try to get some more volunteer work done or find a group where you can showcase some leadership roles, that would help boost your app.

Make sure to get your submission in early if you can. It will help maximize your chances for an interview! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Date of submission:
Overall GPA: 3.7
Science GPA: 3.6
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.6
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 21 AA/ 23 TS/ 18 Pat/ 25 CHM/25 ORGO/16 QR/ 19 RC

State of Residence: Florida

Undergrad Attended: if you want to include this
Major: health science

Minor: none
Minority? no
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No-

Shadowing Experience: 100+ at general dentists
Volunteering Experience: 100+ at a children hospital, food banks, dental clinic
Employment: none
Research: none
Other Extracurriculars: babysitting
Relevant Honors or Awards: deans list
LOR type and strength: 2 science and 1 non science probably not so strong, 1 dentist strong

Schools: please let me know what to take off and what to add that is within my stats
Nova
lecom
Midwestern IL
Midwestern Arizona
USCSF
USC
Rutgers
Tufts
UF
have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at UF d school?
you need to do more research and have a better list
a few safety schools, mostly in-range schools, and a couple reach schools...

I know I don't have your actual AADSAS, so what support and advice are you getting about your application? What is posted doesn't show me you really have an understanding of being more than just a student. As pointed out, I don't get a sense of who you are, where you came from, and what you bring to the class. In short, why should I be excited to interview you, teach you, and watch you grow as a future dentist? Is there something I am missing?

EDIT: Specifically, there's nothing explicit about your involvement with other students. I presume you were involved with other student organizations, and you will definitely need to similarly involved once you are in DS. Were you actually part of your school community, or were you just coming in and out for classes?

Last edited: