WAMC VAMD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RubyCat

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! This is my first time applying an I am very nervous about my chances!! Right now I'm definitely applying to my IS VAMD as well as LMU and CSU, however, Midwestern and Tennessee are also on my radar. I definitely have the most experience with small animals and am most comfortable working with them, but I also have interests in wildlife medicine. Overall just worried about my GPA, and lack of diversity in my vet hours.

BS in Biology, Minor in Chemistry. Graduate Spring 2020

Cumulative GPA: 3.47
science GPA: 3.44
last 45: 3.64

GRE results (Q/V/W):
Taking it next week... practice tests have been around 154/156/5

Veterinary Experience:
1120 hours working as vet assistant at small animal clinic- have worked with 7 different vets over my 2 years there.
20 hours shadowing equine vet

Animal Experience:
100 hours pet sitting (cats and dogs)
120 hours volunteering at therapeutic riding center
60 hours volunteering at humane society

Research Experience:
360 hours in an intensive summer research program. Researched wild American Goldfinches and the function of their tails during slow flight. Focused on the biomechanics and aerodynamic forces during flight.

Awards/scholarships:
Deans list 2 semesters
Excellence in Research and Inquiry Award (Awarded to students in research programs at my university)
Joan of Arc Medallion (Awarded to student leaders involved on campus while keeping a high GPA)

Extracurriculars:
- Vice President of Student Government Association
- President of Beta Beta Beta
- Executive Director and Founder of Elwood's Cabinet (a food pantry for students at my school)
- Director of Standards and Ethics for Alpha Delta Pi Sorority
- Mortar Board
- Dance Team
- Greek Ambassador
- Junior Marshal

Employment:
-
Biology Tutor through my school
- Desk Aide for a residential building at my school
- As mentioned above, vet assistant on school breaks for 2 years.

LORs:
- 2 vets I have worked with over the past 2 years
- The Vice President for Student Affairs for my university - I work very closely with him for student government, and I pet sit for him.
- Professor I conducted my research under

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: