WAMC UGA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gleemzoss

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I just took the GRE this morning and am a little disappointed in my performance, so I just wanted to see what everyone thought of my chances of getting in are before I cough up the hundreds of dollars it costs to retake the GRE. :)

Overall GPA: 3.67
Science GPA: 3.84
Last 45: 4.0
GRE
Verb: 150
Quant: 154
Writing: waiting for results, but don't expect anything more than an average score

GA resident, applying to UGA.
Chemistry major

1000+ hours of experience as an assistant at small animal hospital, under supervision by mostly 2 veterinarians who are eager to write LORs. A couple other PT DVMs who I could probably ask as well. Multiple professors (a couple with whom I have done research) willing to write LORs.

3 (about to be 4) semesters of chemistry research, 2 (about to be 3) poster presentations. (2 at national ACS meetings, 1 at a regional ACS meeting)

Chemistry Club VP
Physics Club Secretary

Awards/Scholarships:
S-STEM scholar
GA HOPE scholarship
CURCA Travel Grant recipient

Thanks everyone for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I just took the GRE this morning and am a little disappointed in my performance, so I just wanted to see what everyone thought of my chances of getting in are before I cough up the hundreds of dollars it costs to retake the GRE. :)

Overall GPA: 3.67
Science GPA: 3.84
Last 45: 4.0
GRE
Verb: 150
Quant: 154
Writing: waiting for results, but don't expect anything more than an average score

GA resident, applying to UGA.
Chemistry major

1000+ hours of experience as an assistant at small animal hospital, under supervision by mostly 2 veterinarians who are eager to write LORs. A couple other PT DVMs who I could probably ask as well. Multiple professors (a couple with whom I have done research) willing to write LORs.

3 (about to be 4) semesters of chemistry research, 2 (about to be 3) poster presentations. (2 at national ACS meetings, 1 at a regional ACS meeting)

Chemistry Club VP
Physics Club Secretary

Awards/Scholarships:
S-STEM scholar
GA HOPE scholarship
CURCA Travel Grant recipient

Thanks everyone for your time.

Overall your stats look very good. Kind of aggravating that UGA doesn’t list stats on their website anymore.

I did find on AAVMC stats for class of 2022. Your last 45 gpa obviously is excellent. Overall gpa is right at the average. Science gpa is also great. Just note that UGA only uses their pre-req’s to calculate the science gpa.

Your research experience is also a bonus.
It’s great that you’ve already lined up people that want to write you strong letters of recommendation. The only possible weakness that I see in your application is that all of your vet hours are small animal and at the same clinic. Would it be possible for you to shadow with a large animal vet or equine vet or at an emergency practice (that shouldn’t be considered a conflict with your regular job)? Doesn’t have to be a ton of hours, just enough to show that you’ve been exposed to other facets of veterinary medicine.

Your GRE scores are a bit below the average, but not dramatically so. 2022 averages were 155V and 154Q. Did you do a prep program like Magoosh? A lot of people have found that helpful and it’s pretty reasonably priced.

Best of luck to you!!!