WAMC/School List (ORM/LA Resident)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hiddenmd432

Reaction score
deleted.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Describe your service orientation activities, such as food distribution, shelter volunteer, job/tax preparation, transportation services, or housing rehabilitation. What you have listed (fundraising, tutoring) does not fall into this category. You need 150 hours of service orientation activity work to avoid your application getting screened out at most schools.

Did you apply DO? Why/not?

Members don't see this ad :)
Which schools did you apply to this cycle ? Any interviews ?
I applied to my state schools. I did get an interview, but am currently on a waitlist or at least their equivalent of one. I didn’t apply really anywhere else cause my app was
Describe your service orientation activities, such as food distribution, shelter volunteer, job/tax preparation, transportation services, or housing rehabilitation. What you have listed (fundraising, tutoring) does not fall into this category. You need 150 hours of service orientation activity work to avoid your application getting screened out at most schools.

Did you apply DO? Why/not?
Did not apply DO because my application was late anyways, but I will this next time. For the specifics, fundraising was only one part of my volunteering. I also was a buddy to a kid with special needs and saw him once a week.

How have you improved your application since your last cycle. Many of the activities you list appear to be in the past. What clinical, non- clinical, research, and leadership activities are you currently involved in?

Reactions: 1 user
How have you improved your application since your last cycle. Many of the activities you list appear to be in the past. What clinical, non- clinical, research, and leadership activities are you currently involved in?
Currently, I work as a psych tech and am finishing up my SMP. That’s about it.

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these MD schools if you reapply:
Your state public schools
Tulane
TCU
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
NOVA MD
Belmont
Wake Forest
George Washington