MD WAMC/School List CA ORM 514 4.0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

da27

Reaction score
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is there any non-clinical community service (not tutoring) you have done while a college student? I see advocacy and working with underserved populations, but I'm unsure about service orientation independent of healthcare. Nothing that is food distribution, shelter volunteer, job/tax preparation, transportation services, or housing rehabilitation? Having zero hours will screen you out at most medical schools regardless of your metrics.

California Northstate has accreditation issues. Your non clinical volunteering hours are far too low for Loyola and Georgetown. I suggest these schools with your stats:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
Rochester
Albany
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Hackensack
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
USF Morsani
Miami
TCU
St. Louis
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Belmont
The UCs (except Riverside unless you are from that region)
USC Keck
Kaiser
California University

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any non-clinical community service (not tutoring) you have done while a college student? I see advocacy and working with underserved populations, but I'm unsure about service orientation independent of healthcare. Nothing that is food distribution, shelter volunteer, job/tax preparation, transportation services, or housing rehabilitation? Having zero hours will screen you out at most medical schools regardless of your metrics
Does the school volunteering not count? I had no idea, thank you for letting me know. Now that I think of it, I mean I have done some volunteering with a religious organization. Very scattered, ~100 hours, mostly me attending single events and not necessarily a weekly commitment. But we passed out food and blankets/other items to the homeless population in a big city nearby. Is that something I should include? I also have the next two months to hopefully build upon that.

California Northstate has accreditation issues. Your non clinical volunteering hours are far too low for Loyola and Georgetown. I suggest these schools with your stats:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
Rochester
Albany
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Hackensack
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
USF Morsani
Miami
TCU
St. Louis
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Belmont
The UCs (except Riverside unless you are from that region)
USC Keck
Kaiser
California University
Thank you for the suggestions!

Does the school volunteering not count? I had no idea, thank you for letting me know. Now that I think of it, I mean I have done some volunteering with a religious organization. Very scattered, ~100 hours, mostly me attending single events and not necessarily a weekly commitment. But we passed out food and blankets/other items to the homeless population in a big city nearby. Is that something I should include? I also have the next two months to hopefully build upon that.
Your descriptions point to leadership or advocacy, and what you have done in-person to address others' needs is not clear. However, doing work without the auspices of being involved with a campus club better shows your personal motivation to service.

If you can build on your religious organization work, get it up to 150 hours before submission to avoid getting screened out.