WAMC. Nervous!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blaziken21

Reaction score
Hello! I'm applying this cycle, but I am a bit worried since my app has a few sore spots. Any advice or comments are welcome!

Date of submission: June 10, 2021
Overall GPA: 3.97
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.96
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 22AA PAT:20 QR:20 RC:22 OC: 22 GC: 26 Bio:22 TS:23
State of Residence: TX

Undergrad Attended:
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
Major: Biology
Minor: None
Minority?
Yes-Hispanic
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad?
Yes?

Shadowing Experience: 100
Volunteering Experience: 130
Employment: EMT-B 1k+ hours plus other random jobs
Research: None
Other Extracurriculars: Pre-dental club
Relevant Honors or Awards: deans list, presidents list, 2 scholarships
LOR type and strength: average
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: I graduated 2018, which Texas A&M didn't really like. I have 6 W's which all but one are during my first semester at college.
School list:

-4 texas schools
-LECOM
-NSU
-MW-AZ
-TEMP
-Marquette
-Maryland

Members don't see this ad.

Besides the 6 Ws, i'd say your app looks pretty solid. When did you take the DAT? If it was recent, then i don't see how graduating in 2018 would be a huge deal. With the Ws all being in the first semester and the fact you finished with a 3.9 GPA, I don't see that holding you back as long as you can explain it. With all that being said, just make sure you research the schools you are applying to and make sure their stats align with yours. I think the list looks pretty good. Why Maryland?

Reactions: 1 users
Besides the 6 Ws, i'd say your app looks pretty solid. When did you take the DAT? If it was recent, then i don't see how graduating in 2018 would be a huge deal. With the Ws all being in the first semester and the fact you finished with a 3.9 GPA, I don't see that holding you back as long as you can explain it. With all that being said, just make sure you research the schools you are applying to and make sure their stats align with yours. I think the list looks pretty good. Why Maryland?
I took the DAT in December 2020, so it's pretty recent. I chose Maryland mainly because of the affordability, but they have other perks too. For example, they have the latest dental technology, various specialty programs, and they have a heavy focus on community service. Also thanks for your comment! My mind is a little bit at ease now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the DAT in December 2020, so it's pretty recent. I chose Maryland mainly because of the affordability, but they have other perks too. For example, they have the latest dental technology, various specialty programs, and they have a heavy focus on community service. Also thanks for your comment! My mind is a little bit at ease now.
Does Maryland accept many oos residents?

Reactions: 1 user
Does Maryland accept many oos residents?
As per the dental explorer, the last entering class size was 133. 64 were in-state, 64 oos, and 5 international. Any recommendations on additional schools?

As per the dental explorer, the last entering class size was 133. 64 were in-state, 64 oos, and 5 international. Any recommendations on additional schools?
Your list looks pretty good! I was going to apply to Maryland and decided not to. I thought the oos accepted stats was the reason but it could’ve been something else. Been a while so I don’t really remember lol