WAMC Low GPA + postbacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nontrad95

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
GPA is low, MCAT is solid. Apply broadly and especially to the new schools (ARCOM, ICOM, etc.). Why only 19 credits postbacc? Or are you still finishing up? Adcoms like to see ~30 credits of consistent coursework

Edit: avoid VCOM, they put more weight on high GPA

Members don't see this ad :)
GPA is low, MCAT is solid. Apply broadly and especially to the new schools (ARCOM, ICOM, etc.). Why only 19 credits postbacc? Or are you still finishing up? Adcoms like to see ~30 credits of consistent coursework

Edit: avoid VCOM, they put more weight on high GPA

19 credits was all I could afford to do (low SES). I saved up money to do those classes. I do wish I could've hit that 30 credit milestone. but it is what it is. I'm hoping it's enough.

Reactions: 1 user
19 credits was all I could afford to do (low SES). I saved up money to do those classes. I do wish I could've hit that 30 credit milestone. but it is what it is. I'm hoping it's enough.
All good, adcoms may ask you about that, but you have a solid reason and they will (probably) understand. If you’re looking to be in FL for med school, beware of LECOM-B’s clinicals and Nova’s declining level 1 pass rates.

Reactions: 1 user