WAMC for US schools? (Canadian)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aiikookie

PrePod
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm canadian applying to both Canada and US schools this year. I probably only have a shot at Schulich dental since it's the only school I'm qualified for (2 year gpa is 3.71) My GPA is 3.533 (3.18, 3.72, 3.7) I still haven't taken the DAT as well. What are my chances and what kind of DAT do i need to be competitive for canadian friendly US schools? These are my EC's:

Shadowing:
- 200 hours with a general dentist (assisting/cleaning/observing)

Employment:
- TA at uni, 100 hours (grading and holding office hours)
- Facility attendant at a mass vaccination clinic, 150 hours (directing people to vaccinations, handing out sanitizers and masks, bunch of things)
- COVID Screener/Swabber, 600 hours (swabbing 150+ people a day, training swabbers, asking screening questions and inputting data)
- Cashier, 2 months (typical cashier work)
- Walmart sanitizer, 50 hours (sanitize surfaces and cleaning)

Volunteering:
- chronic disease management volunteer, 30 (helping elderly people exercise and stay in shape)
- ICU receptionist at hospital, 10 (calling nurses/doctors to request permission for visitors to come into ICU)
- Volunteer cleaner at a museum, 50 (cleaner stuff)
- Mental health peer mentor, 50 (providing companionship for those in need of mental health support)

Unpaid Internship:
- Research Intern at the University, 120 (University internship course, researching medical image usage in Africa and interviewing African physicians over Zoom)

University engagement:
- Event coordinator for the gaming club (holding events for games)
- Mentor for incoming first year students (room for questions from incoming students and providing tips and tricks on what to do first year)
- Volunteer for the blood donation club (mainly asking trivia questions for instagram followers)
- Korean club president (not in canada)
- 40 hours community service under a university course
- Researching new biology curriculum for a professor

Awards:
- Dean's honour roll
- Gold medal recipient (for showing engagement in university activities)

I'm unfortunately missing research which I feel is the only missing piece.

Members don't see this ad.

Obviously we can't really give you a school list without a DAT score. Suffice to say, shoot for at least 20's across the board, and the higher the better of course. I would connect with student chapters of ASDA to see if there are Canadians at your wishlist schools to whom you can talk.

Evidence of manual dexterity?

Reactions: 1 user
I don't really see the point of giving theoretical numbers. You can look up the averages for each school you are interested in going to

Shoot for as high as possible.