WAMC 3.9/510-516/CA ORM - School list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UnanimousUnity

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Take off Cal north state

Hofstra
Stony brook
Tufts
BU
Albany
Geisinger
SLU
GWU
Georgetown
EVMS
Brown
Quinnipiac
Oakland
Creighton
Temple
Jefferson
Drexel
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Carle
Virginia Tech
Einstein
Penn state
MCW
Wayne state
NYMC
USF
UCF

Take off Cal north state

Hofstra
Stony brook
Tufts
BU
Albany
Geisinger
SLU
GWU
Georgetown
EVMS
Brown
Quinnipiac
Oakland
Creighton
Temple
Jefferson
Drexel
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Carle
Virginia Tech
Einstein
Penn state
MCW
Wayne state
NYMC
USF
UCF
I hear multiple people saying this, why is that?

Members don't see this ad :)
MCAT score is important. Come back here and update us when you have it. Good luck!

Volunteering to tutor students is not usually getting out of your comfort zone. Usually, non clinical volunteering is meant to show that you have dedicated time to helping those less fortunate (ie homeless shelter, food bank, soup kitchen). I would encourage you to try to gain more experience along those lines. You may have to take out service focused schools such as Oakland and Loyola because of that, regardless of MCAT.

Also, UCR and UCD take students near their geographical area. So if you live in the Inland Empire and are applying to UCR, you probably should not apply to UCD as it is on the opposite side of the state. Vice versa, if you are in Sacramento, central CA or some part of Northern California, apply to Davis but not UCR.

Reactions: 1 users
Volunteering to tutor students is not usually getting out of your comfort zone. Usually, non clinical volunteering is meant to show that you have dedicated time to helping those less fortunate (ie homeless shelter, food bank, soup kitchen). I would encourage you to try to gain more experience along those lines. You may have to take out service focused schools such as Oakland and Loyola because of that, regardless of MCAT.

Also, UCR and UCD take students near their geographical area. So if you live in the Inland Empire and are applying to UCR, you probably should not apply to UCD as it is on the opposite side of the state. Vice versa, if you are in Sacramento, central CA or some part of Northern California, apply to Davis but not UCR.
I see what you mean about volunteering. I’ve always tried to avoid checking a box on my application, and do what I find an interest in. It’s not that I haven’t had the interest for volunteering, I’ve just never ran to an opportunity like that.

Thank you so much for your tips, they’ll help me in the future greatly!

I suggest these schools with your stats:
The UCs (except Riverside unless you are from that region)
Kaiser
California University
USC Keck
TCU-UNT
Creighton
St. Louis
Tulane
USF Morsani
Miami
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia