WAMC 2nd time applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kodiak-Bear

Reaction score
22, Female, CA, 2nd time applicant

Bachelor's in Biology, certificates in Gender and Women's Studies and LGBTQ+ Studies-UW-Madison
Currently getting a Master's in Bacteriology- UW-Madison

Current School list:
UC-Davis (IS), Oregon, Colorado, Minnesota, UW-Madison, Illinois, Tufts, Purdue, RVC, University of Edinburgh, University of Guelph, Western, University of Arizona, Michigan State

Cumulative gpa: 3.55
science: 3.4
Last 45: 3.5? Not sure

GRE: Not using

Veterinary Experience:
Night tech/student working in a surgery ward~800
Student worker in an ER~ 600 hours
Veterinary Assistant-400 hours (current)

Animal Experience:
Wildlife rehabilitation intern: ~630 hours
Volunteer at a humane society~10 hours
Volunteer at a dog rescue (since middle school through high school)~ 450 hours
Foster parent (three separate organizations) for a total of ~500 hours

Research:
Working in a dairy science lab~350 hours

Extracurriculars:
Water polo (since high school, now a team leader)~1000+ hours
Lacrosse(since high school)~800 hours
Karate, teacher and student (2nd degree blackbelt)~ 1800+hours
Snowboarding~500 hours

Non-animal employment:
Babysitter~400 hours

Awards/honors
Deans list 5 times
Sports awards

LORS
Two veterinarians at the clinic I currently work at
My PI in the dairy science lab
A Sociologist prof i have taken many classes with

Concerns:
My science GPA is a concern for me, but I did retake first semester organic chemistry and did well. However, I still have a C in the second semester as well as one semester of Physics. Are there any schools on this list that are a better chance for me than others? Anything I should add? Please let me know your thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you applying to different schools this year? Or are some the same as last year with some new ones? Considering adding Iowa State to your list. ISU science GPA cut off was 2.8 for c/o 2027. Also, only one semester of organic is needed.

Are you applying to different schools this year? Or are some the same as last year with some new ones? Considering adding Iowa State to your list. ISU science GPA cut off was 2.8 for c/o 2027. Also, only one semester of organic is needed.
i am applying to some same and some different schools. i applied to isu last round, I don’t want to apply there again

Members don't see this ad :)
I would put LIU, Virginia-Maryland and Ohio on your list. I have similar stats and I'm applying to those as well after doing a lot of research

I would put LIU, Virginia-Maryland and Ohio on your list. I have similar stats and I'm applying to those as well after doing a lot of research
I can’t apply to either because of missing prereqs

If you are not hesitated going to international schools, I would say you might have better chance at Ross and St. George University and University of Sydney. I never apply to those schools personally but I have heard these programs are really holistic.