Walter Reed contacts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

T.A.M

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems that every army medical center website has complete listings for residencies and setting up clincial rotations- except WRAMC! Can anyone give me an email address or phone number for the office of medical education, or some other helpful number?

Members don't see this ad.

They are really bad about that. Their central coordination is not too good. It's like buying a plane ticket. You know that the person sitting next to you bought their ticket in a totally different manner than you. There are pros and cons of each way of setting up a rotation. If you go to the central contact person, he's a bit overwhelmed and VERY slow. Alternatively, you can find a contact person in the clinical department where you would like to go. The way that I did it was to look for the department in which I was specifically interested and enquire. Usually if you can get the name of the residency director for the department (a good old google search can help) you are set. Mr. Anthony is the student coordinator:

WALTER REED ARMY MEDICAL CENTER, WASHINGTON, DC
Keon Anthony Student Coordinator MCHL-DC-MED
Medical Education Office, Bldg. #2., Rm.
2J32 Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Washington, DC 20307-5001
202-782-6754 FAX 782-3800

He's a good contact point to start if you can't get a more specific contact person.

If you are interested in Medicine or one of the subspecialties of medicine:

Jackie Drake (Medicine Only)
202-782-4039 FAX 782-7363 DSN 662-4039

Hope that helps,

G

ps. I like your quotes. My favorite OW quote (and medical school mantra) is "Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. "