Waitlisted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riskhk

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody got wait listed at a pharmacy school? Care to share your experience. I just got waitlisted at USC. Im so bummed out. 80 out of 148 got waitlisted during my interview date. Any ideas on what should I do to improve my chances. USC is one of my top choices I want to go to.

Members don't see this ad.

How was your interview? Did everything go well? Also what's your GPA, PCAT, Llife experiences, and etc?

Send update letters, a resume, and/or 1 or 2 more recommendation letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
send a letter of intent saying that usc is your first choice and that you will go there if you get in.

I'm with TotalKayOs: Send 'em a letter saying that you will attend if accepted. Read up on the program and tell them why that fulfills you career desires optimally. You've gotta convince 'em that you know their program and that it would fit you perfectly, in doing so convincing them that you could make the greatest contribution if you attended there.

Send some more rec letters and how you have improved your background since you applied.

I know from experience with friends that this works, but you've gotta be aggressive.

Thanks for all the tips. Hopefully once all my papers are done, I start writing them a letter. I already asked a USC alumni that is a pharmacist to write me a letter of recommendation stating how USC would be a good match for me.

Any sites where there are examples of such letters?

Kevin

hey..riskhk..what do you mean , first year of computer science-dropped your score. waht does this mean, did you take it out of your gpa

Yeah I included computer science in my total GPA.
Triangulation the other two links did not work.