Waitlisted at my top school. Received an acceptance at another

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc899

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
This is my first post so I apologize if this isn't in the right discussion thread :/

So I am wondering if I made my deposit to a school accepted to but waitlisted at my top choice, should I be sending an email to my top choice school that I would withdraw my seat if accepted?
I already sent an LOI back in February to my top choice before getting my acceptance to another school but I am just paranoid bc I heard in April ADEA releases schools students have acceptance to and may weed out anyone w/ acceptance already when pulling students off WL?
I'm not sure if this is true- I'd appreciate any advice thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone.
This is my first post so I apologize if this isn't in the right discussion thread :/

So I am wondering if I made my deposit to a school accepted to but waitlisted at my top choice, should I be sending an email to my top choice school that I would withdraw my seat if accepted?
I already sent an LOI back in February to my top choice before getting my acceptance to another school but I am just paranoid bc I heard in April ADEA releases schools students have acceptance to and may weed out anyone w/ acceptance already when pulling students off WL?
I'm not sure if this is true- I'd appreciate any advice thanks in advance!!
I will be honest, I set down a deposit at one school and got my dream offer not 5 days later. I doubt that setting down a deposit is something that is released to other schools. Just know that many people would give everything to get one offer so take it while you can! You prepare for the worst while still hoping for the best. Good luck!