Veterinary Mental Wellness/DEI Research: Participants needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mircookies

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, future veterinarians!

I am a member of the Inclusive Vet Med research team, working out of the University of Tennessee. Through a partnership with IDEXX, we are conducting a research study examining wellness, diversity, equity, and inclusion in US Colleges of Veterinary Medicine (including veterinarians out of school or who left the industry). Our goal is to understand the needs of veterinary students to improve mental wellness in the industry (and to better prepare students when they leave school and enter practice). We hope that this research can help us create a satisfied and more sustainable future veterinary workforce.

We are specifically reaching out to:
* Current students
* Veterinarians currently practicing
* Veterinarians who have left practice
* Individuals responsible for mental health programming within veterinary schools (i.e. social workers, therapists, DEI/wellness leaders, and even veterinary students in wellness/health roles)

The study involves completing an interest survey (less than 5 minutes). Depending on the role of the individual, participation will involve one 60-90 minute focus group online via Zoom, OR participation in one 60-minute interview. All participation is confidential. Our website is Inclusive Vet Med – Inclusive Vet Med if you would like more information.

We would love to make sure that all veterinary schools (and all types of students) are well represented in this study. Please feel free to comment below or message me privately. I have attached a flyer that is free to be distributed wherever you choose, so please share with friends if you feel comfortable.

Thank you for reading!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Flyer11.23 (3).pdf
    419.6 KB · Views: 19
Hi! Would students starting this Fall count as eligible to participate? I’d be happy to fill out an interest survey if so.

Hi! Would students starting this Fall count as eligible to participate? I’d be happy to fill out an interest survey if so.
Hey! So student who are not currently in veterinary school are not eligible (a lot of what we ask focuses around your experiences as an individual within a college of veterinary medicine). However, if you work with or know any veterinarians who may be interested then they might be eligible to participate!