VCOM-Blacksburg Discussion Thread 2010-11

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Was accepted at VCOM on Monday. After an incredibly arduous and painstaking decision process I have finally decided that I will be taking my talents to Blacksburg in the Fall of 2011. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Was accepted at VCOM on Monday. After an incredibly arduous and painstaking decision process I have finally decided that I will be taking my talents to Blacksburg in the Fall of 2011. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Congratulations!!! When did you interview?

My husband and I are both VCOM students. We have already signed a renewal lease for our apartment, but now, due to personal reasons, we need to move to Christiansburg. We are looking for someone to take over our lease. 2 BR 1 Bath with large kitchen & all appliances included. Washer/Dryer stackable unit in a nice sized laundry room is also included. Water, garbage, & $50 cable/internet monthly credit included in cost of rent.
We have lived here for 1 yr and (obviously) had all intents of resigning. The management is excellent about getting repairs done quickly, and has always taken the extra step to make sure that we have been happy.
The apartment is minutes from everything in downtown Blacksburg as well as Christiansburg. It truly was the perfect location for the best of both.
The complex is also very quiet, perfect for graduate/medical/vet students.

Please email with any questions about the property or with inquiries into taking over this lease. I am posting the link to the craigslist add below because there are some pics attached to that add.

Congratulations on being accepted to VCOM!

http://blacksburg.craigslist.org/apa/2366450518.html

I just received an email this morning and the waitlist is moving now. I'm on the "top tier" list and if I don't get off the waitlist for this August I will be automatically accepted for the 2016 class. Has anyone else received this email?

I think it might be the best email I have ever seen! I'm stoked to be heading to VCOM either this year or next

Just received an allo acceptance. I will be withdrawing from vcom as soon as the paperwork is finalized so another spot will be opening up! Good luck!

anyone still looking for a roommate? I am a male non smoker who is very chill and laid back. I'm trying to live in the smith's landing apartments in a 2 bed/ 2bath. Let me know if you are interested!

anyone still looking for a roommate? I am a male non smoker who is very chill and laid back. I'm trying to live in the smith's landing apartments in a 2 bed/ 2bath. Let me know if you are interested!

Hey I just got accepted to VCOM yesterday and need a roomate. I am a male non smoker as well. I'm not familiar where Smith's landing is. Have you considered Knollwood too, which is right accross from VCOM?

I bought two VCOM bumper stickers from the Tech bookstore and then decided not to attend. So if you PM me your address, I'll mail them to you!

I am applying in this 2011 cycle, and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I just got my MCAT score and it was a lot lower than i thought. I'm really bummed as i really want to go to VCOM. Here are my stats:

cGPA: 3.74 sGPA: 3.75
MCAT: 21O (PS:7 BS:8 VR:6) :(
Clinical: Yes, scribing
Reserach: Yes
Reside in VA but not blacksburg and not a rural area. Did my MCAT scores jsut kill my shot at VCOM? I submitted my application on the first day. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks a lot.

I am applying in this 2011 cycle, and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I just got my MCAT score and it was a lot lower than i thought. I'm really bummed as i really want to go to VCOM. Here are my stats:

cGPA: 3.74 sGPA: 3.75
MCAT: 21O (PS:7 BS:8 VR:6) :(
Clinical: Yes, scribing
Reserach: Yes
Reside in VA but not blacksburg and not a rural area. Did my MCAT scores jsut kill my shot at VCOM? I submitted my application on the first day. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks a lot.

you're MCAT did not kill your chances of getting into VCOM, I know quite a few people who were accepted into my class (c/o 2015) with MCAT scores of 21 or 22. Your undergrad GPA will be your saving grace here, but I would also suggest spending a lot of time perfecting your personal statement for your application. VCOM is more than willing to overlook a 21 on the MCAT as long as you can convey your passion and dedication (specifically through your pre-medical experiences) to serving the underserved. VCOM is really great about selecting students that will make compassionate and intelligent doctors not just the applicants with the highest scores.

I was just accepted today for the c/o 2015!!! I need to search for an apartment or find a rommate asap since school starts Aug. 1st :eek:

you're MCAT did not kill your chances of getting into VCOM, I know quite a few people who were accepted into my class (c/o 2015) with MCAT scores of 21 or 22. Your undergrad GPA will be your saving grace here, but I would also suggest spending a lot of time perfecting your personal statement for your application. VCOM is more than willing to overlook a 21 on the MCAT as long as you can convey your passion and dedication (specifically through your pre-medical experiences) to serving the underserved. VCOM is really great about selecting students that will make compassionate and intelligent doctors not just the applicants with the highest scores.

Thanks a lot for the reply and advice. It really means a lot to me.