VCOM Anki Cards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello Fellow VCOM Students,

I’ve heard there is a VCOM anki deck for pre-clinical classes. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get it? Any help would be much appreciated. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Fellow VCOM Students,

I’ve heard there is a VCOM anki deck for pre-clinical classes. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get it? Any help would be much appreciated. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks so much!

PM me and I’ll send it your way.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Some of the second years at VCOM auburn are making a google drive with the anki deck along with all of the first year study guides to send out to VCOM-La and VCOM-Auburn first years. @Sharingan001 should be yalls point of contact if you are at VCOM-LA.

Reactions: 1 users
Wouldn't it be better to focus on a proper boards deck such as Zanki?

Classroom-made decks are convoluted with information that will never come across on board exams or clerkships.

Wouldn't it be better to focus on a proper boards deck such as Zanki?

Classroom-made decks are convoluted with information that will never come across on board exams or clerkships.
Unless you're at VCOM, then there is no need to chime in. Anki is a great way to learn and store information, and we have decks made specifically for each class and what the presenter stresses and what will be asked of us on the exams.

Zanki or lightyear is always great board stuff.

Unless you're at VCOM, then there is no need to chime in. Anki is a great way to learn and store information, and we have decks made specifically for each class and what the presenter stresses and what will be asked of us on the exams.

Zanki or lightyear is always great board stuff.
I'm a third year at VCOM.

The smart way of doing it is doing Zanki then supplementing with the class powerpoints couple days before the in house exams. Not hammering minute details.

I'm a third year at VCOM.

The smart way of doing it is doing Zanki then supplementing with the class powerpoints couple days before the in house exams. Not hammering minute details.
The smart of doing it is to zanki for boards sure. But using the class anki card resource that allows you the ability to skip reading powerpoint and learn this way is also equal to doing zanki and reading powerpoints. I guess its all about how you like to learn though

The smart of doing it is to zanki for boards sure. But using the class anki card resource that allows you the ability to skip reading powerpoint and learn this way is also equal to doing zanki and reading powerpoints. I guess its all about how you like to learn though
No bc then you are wasting precious time, when you could be maturing high yield zanki portions, and instead you are memorizing the hell out of a powerpoint which contains 1 or 2 pertinent things that would show up in a qbank.

Honestly, I guess it's not as important for 2024 class since boards is pass/fail. So do you I guess.

then supplementing with the class powerpoints
instead you are memorizing the hell out of a powerpoint
Dude pick one. Using the class anki deck is literally supplementing the same way reading the powerpoint. No one anki's the class deck for 3 weeks. You literally anki 2 or three days before each exam. The deck is split all the way down to exams. Ergo it has the ppts for the exact exam but anki style. It is literally no different than just reading.

It is not a deck of "Block 1 pharm" cause then you'd be correct, that would be a waste of time. It is instead "Block 1 pharm -> Exam 1 (50 cards). Short and simple with the exact things you need to know. Instead of reading a 100 page powerpoint with a lot of fluff.

You're an M3 from a campus that isn't even associated with what's going on here.

Dude pick one. Using the class anki deck is literally supplementing the same way reading the powerpoint. No one anki's the class deck for 3 weeks. You literally anki 2 or three days before each exam. The deck is split all the way down to exams. Ergo it has the ppts for the exact exam but anki style. It is literally no different than just reading.

It is not a deck of "Block 1 pharm" cause then you'd be correct, that would be a waste of time. It is instead "Block 1 pharm -> Exam 1 (50 cards). Short and simple with the exact things you need to know. Instead of reading a 100 page powerpoint with a lot of fluff.

You're an M3 from a campus that isn't even associated with what's going on here.
Lol why are you getting so upset

Having been thru it I just thought I’d drop some knowledge...

Good luck homie

Lol why are you getting so upset

Having been thru it I just thought I’d drop some knowledge...

Good luck homie
Thanks; I’m a second year that’s Zanking everyday and keeping up with reviews. But those anki cards specific for each test were lit.

good luck on clinicals fam

Hey y’all! I’m a first year at VCOM-LA almost 3 weeks in now! Can you pm me the link for the drive too. Time is getting more and more precious and this would be amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.