MD UWorld, NBME, and multiple passes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted966164

Quick question. I was saving UWorld for dedicated Step 1 study later this academic year but then I have an NBME coming up and was wondering about these things:

1. Is there an advantage of going through UWorld questions for NBMEs (tutor mode)?
2. I came across this

What do you think of that?

Members don't see this ad.

From personal experience, if you plan on going through UWorld twice, be sure to space it out. I did all of UWorld during dedicated and reset it. I wanted to go through it again but it was pointless. Even though I didn't know the answer choice per se, it was like my mind subconsciously was "pulled" to some answer choice without clinical reasoning.

So, basically, I think it would be beneficial to start UWorld early (now), and then reset it for dedicated. Hopefully the second pass is spaced out enough and goes much quicker (so you can focus on other resources, practice tests, etc).

Reactions: 1 user
There is a fairly strong correlation between doing more new questions and improved score. Redoing questions you’ve already done might help a little, but not as much as just doing new questions. Rx and amboss are perfectly fine qbanks to use for nbmes prior to studying for step.

Reactions: 1 users
There is a fairly strong correlation between doing more new questions and improved score. Redoing questions you’ve already done might help a little, but not as much as just doing new questions. Rx and amboss are perfectly fine qbanks to use for nbmes prior to studying for step.
Thanks! Forgot about Rx. They seem to be way better questions for NBMEs.

Reactions: 1 user