USN dental interview 2/4/11

Dentalguy1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody! Who out there was one of the 40 people to interview at USN yesterday? How did it go? Has anyone heard back from the admissions committee yet? Seemed like a great school, just very expensive!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there yesterday. It went great. You are right about the expensive part, but most private schools are. No, I haven't heard anything yet. It seems that those who were accepted in the December and January interviews heard rather quickly (Monday after). Good Luck

I guess there is nobody else out there who interviewed at USN last week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything from them either.

I'm surprised no one on here has been accepted recently.. Anyone know whats going on?

I'm surprised no one on here has been accepted recently.. Anyone know whats going on?

Well they have another round of interviews on the 18th. It would make sense that they review both groups at once before deciding.

Nothing for me as well... I'm not sure whats going on! Iv talked to a lot of people and they have heard nothing as well..

I interviewed on Feb. 4th and still haven't heard anything. Has anyone from the 4th or 18th heard back?

They have 40 people at one interview day?

Hi, I got accepted into USN around Dec 23 but they did not request deposit yet. Only thing I received was acceptance e-mail so it means that they did not know how many guys will attend USN. Be patient and don't loosing hope!

Nothing for me as well... I'm not sure whats going on! Iv talked to a lot of people and they have heard nothing as well..

just got an update email from them. They are going to have meeting this thurs and additionally next week. And I guess they will let us know within 2 weeks.

Yeah I got the same email... I assume people will start hearing back tomorrow or early next week. As soon as you hear back, let us know about it! Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not sure how many other people are in the same situation that I am in, but I thought some of you would want to know... I bet there are a lot of people that USN invited that sent in their acceptance letter but still are planning to attend another school. Since they don't require a deposit yet that would be my bet.

I got accepted there before Christmas and sent in my letter of intention, but I am on the waiting list at UofL. I am really hoping to get into Louisville, but they still haven't let anyone know. I would think that there are a lot of schools that are in the same boat. I would assume most people accepted to USN that get invited off of other schools waiting lists will probably not go to USN.

That leaves a lot of people that want to go to USN a lot of hope. As soon as these other schools start sending out more invites, USN will have more openings as well. I have nothing to loose by sending in my acceptance because there is no deposit.

I may have rambled a little bit, but hopefully this is helpful to someone out there.

Two guys from my school got calls today! They're really excited!

I got the call from Dr. Harman today also.

Anyone else hear back from USN? I know 2 people at my school got calls as well last Friday.

I also interviewed on Feb 4th, and still no word...waiting is no fun at all! Congratulations to all those who have been accepted!

anybody had interview on 2/18 and got a call?

No one else from 2/4 or 2/18 has been accepted yet?

Wait, wait, and wait. Nothing else we can do! :D

anybody heard anything about there being any more interviews? i decided at the last minute (feb 1st) to apply to USN and i haven't gotten any response from them. i visited the school in january and they said they would interview until the end of march but i haven't heard of anyone being invited for interviews this month.

anybody heard anything about there being any more interviews? i decided at the last minute (feb 1st) to apply to USN and i haven't gotten any response from them. i visited the school in january and they said they would interview until the end of march but i haven't heard of anyone being invited for interviews this month.
Sorry, man. :(
02/18 was their last round of interview for actual seats.
They'll probably have more but I doubt that those are for alternate list. ;)
A good news is instead of 53, the actual seats will be 60 this year.
Good luck :luck:

Has anyone else heard back? Does anyone know how many seats are still available? I am getting nervous because I have yet to get a call or email from them...

Still nothing for me too. Maybe rejection letter is on the way I guess

It is not time to give up yet. I still have my fingers crossed.

looks like I should give up on this school as well... I really thought I would hear back from them

i spoke with the school on friday and they said they will be having one more interview this month and possibly one more interview next month. the class isn't completely filled yet and they are still reviewing applications. don't give up yet....

Thanks for the update. Are they out of the office this week?

I was wondering the same thing. I emailed Amanda last Wednesday and still haven't heard back from her yet.

I was wondering the same thing. I emailed Amanda last Wednesday and still haven't heard back from her yet.
Last Week was the site visit from the accreditation committee, so I doubt they have been answering any emails. Just be patient.

Last Week was the site visit from the accreditation committee, so I doubt they have been answering any emails. Just be patient.

For those who have been accepted into USN, have you received a package asking for your Student Information and Proof of Identifications? And have you done the Certiphi background screening yet?

For those who have been accepted into USN, have you received a package asking for your Student Information and Proof of Identifications? And have you done the Certiphi background screening yet?
Yes, I received a package about a week after I was accepted. I also did the background check already.

I called the school yesterday. They said they were still reviewing applications and will interview until the end of april.

USN is a great school and the staff and the admin people are very caring. That being said, I have to reject my acceptance offer. Hope one of your guys here get it and enjoy your time there.

Best of Luck

Has anyone else been accepted or wait-listed? I know someone who got accepted a few days ago? I still haven't heard anything? I wonder how full their class is?

Still nothing for me. I haven't heard anything yet.

i haven't heard of any interview dates. they told me that there would be one by the end of march and one or two more in april. there's only one week left in the month, so maybe they will push all of the interviews to next month. i know they have been busy with trying to get the initial accreditation taken care of this month.

anyone else get accepted that interviewed on 2/4 or 2/18???

Do you guys know what kind of stats people have been admitted with? I'm thinking that most people with decent to good stats have been accepted somewhere and if offered an interview at this point probably won't go. I wonder what type of candidates they will invite for their final interview slots.

Well I know 3 people from my school who are attending USN including myself. We all have GPA's of 3.5 and above and DAT scores from 19-23. Last time I spoke with Amanda she said there were only a couple seats still open. If they do interviews at this point it will only be for alternate spots, especially considering that they have not made decisions on people who have already interviewed. And yes those who accept interviews this late will probably have very low stats..