USMLE USMLE World Step 3 pearls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phloston

Osaka, Japan
Removed
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
(Edit: As of 20 Feb 2019, I've re-uploaded this PDF here. Had thousands of views before that have been recycled. Re-uploading bc I hate being the bad guy who doesn't respond to the flood of DMs. If I haven't responded to you I apologize. Hopefully you've made your way back here.)

Spent the past 5 weeks going through the UW3 QBank and have taken notes accordingly. Hopefully this document can be of even minimal use for anyone out there preparing for USMLE Step 3.

(and btw apologies for the random spelling typos in there, but notes are.. notes)

Good luck,

Phloston

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• UWorld Step 3 notes.pdf
    579.8 KB · Views: 1,811
Last edited:
Reactions: 26 users
Thanks man. You're awesome.

There isn't a single good review book for this exam. Your notes are reminiscent of the high yield notes in FA for step 1 except more comprehensive.

Do you think going over this would be helpful for Step 2 CK? And, would you happen to have anything similar for that exam?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think going over this would be helpful for Step 2 CK? And, would you happen to have anything similar for that exam?

Thanks!

I don't think doing the actual UW3 Qbank would be a good use of your time because it is a lot more nitpicky than 2CK material. This document I've posted however shouldn't take ages to go through, so as I said it could be beneficial while you're on downtime. That is: these notes are fine for 2CK but not the actual QBank, per unit time of your 2CK study.

And for 2CK unfortunately I wrote everything out by hand in a notebook (that is probably stored under my bed in a suitcase).

Reactions: 1 user
Spent the past 5 weeks going through the UW3 QBank and have taken notes accordingly. Hopefully this document can be of even minimal use for anyone out there preparing for USMLE Step 3.

(and btw apologies for the random spelling typos in there, but notes are.. notes)

Good luck,

Phloston

For pg. 4 - management of "HHNK" (hyperglyc.,hyperosm, non-ketotic) when you write switch from IV insulin to SubQ with 1-2 hour overlap- does that mean you have giving both IV and subq insulin during that "bridging period"

For pg. 4 - management of "HHNK" (hyperglyc.,hyperosm, non-ketotic) when you write switch from IV insulin to SubQ with 1-2 hour overlap- does that mean you have giving both IV and subq insulin during that "bridging period"
Yeah. There's a 1-2-hr overlap. And that overlap was actually assessed in one of the questions.

Thanks phloston. I am one of your biggest fans. I'm starting my step 3 from tomorrow, hope to be done with it by match day.

Members don't see this ad :)

Good luck,

Phloston
Where's the file?

Good luck,

Phloston

I can't seem to find the file. Can you upload it again? thanks!

Good luck,

Phloston

Could you please provide the document? Unable to find it.

Thank you!

Good luck,

Phloston

I loved your step 2 CK review, it really helped me. There's no attachment for the step 3 file here - could you please upload it or send it? I would really appreciate it, thank you!!

Hello .. I also couldn’t find the link to the step 3 pearls. Could I please have it sent to me ? Many thanks!!

To all, who are asking for re-post of pearls. Heres the file:

Attachments

• Phloston UWorld Step 3 notes.pdf
    579.8 KB · Views: 419