Uro seems most competitive judging by last years number....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can urologists do kidney transplants?

Yes, but only if they have done a transplant fellowship. Most kidney transplants in the US are done by transplant surgeons (ie. general surgery trained). There are a few places that have transplant urology programs (ie. urologists doing transplants). Cleveland Clinic and SUNY Stonybrook are the 2 I have heard about. Urologists also frequently participate in transplant by doing the donor nephrectomies. You don't need subspecialty training for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, that's something. Urology does seem like a rather exciting field. Especially with the robotics they use these days.

Looks kinda scary... even compared to other ROAD....
http://residency.wustl.edu/Choosing/SpecDesc/Pages/Urology.aspx

It is very competitive, but probably not more so then Ortho or ENT (all of which are more competitive then "ROAD," with the exception of the D for Derm). It's hard to compare directly as the AUA match doesn't release stats like average step 1 score. It's a small field, so unmatched percentage will vary a lot with the number of applicants in any given year.

It is very competitive, but probably not more so then Ortho or ENT (all of which are more competitive then "ROAD," with the exception of the D for Derm). It's hard to compare directly as the AUA match doesn't release stats like average step 1 score. It's a small field, so unmatched percentage will vary a lot with the number of applicants in any given year.
I solely went of % people matched last year which was very low lower then plastics, derm, neuro you name it...
I wonder if it is because the previous years it was in the 80s and the swinging surgeons went for it...

I'm not the first to say it, but we should really start calling it ROD. Or Ro-ROD.