UQ vs Deakin vs Wollongong?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's actually a common practice to list where you graduated from in your title.

ex. Dr. Smith MBBS(melb)

i'm well aware of that. only academics really do that. you go to a dr.'s office and they are not going to list that. but just because academics list it means nothing as most all academics list it including those with degrees from dinky uni's. they just list it because it is customary, not because it gives them prestige.

and as i said its unlikely to affect your prospects of internship within Aus except for the reason i mentioned above and the priority systems each state medical board assigns.

Members don't see this ad.

I have received my offer from UQ with results similar to the average acceptance stat mentioned by some people in this forum (mine: 3.4GPA and 30O-MCAT).

Apart from UQ, I have also applied several Australian medical schools, including Flinders, ANU and USyd. Personally, I prefer these universities to UQ since I think the huge class size of UQ is really a big disadvantage. I was rejected by Flinders with no interview, as they said my result just fell a little below their interview cut-off this year. USyd has invited me for interview and I am still waiting from ANU.

I am struggling if I should accept the offer from UQ and pay the deposit since the offer will lapse after mid September. I am really worried that my results would not be good enough (as Flinders has rejected me for this) to earn a place in ANU or USyd.

Can anyone from ANU/USyd advise the average ANU and USyd admission stat for my reference so that I can judge my chance of success in getting into them? Thanks alot! Besides, would anyone share if you have the same thought as me and would like to reject the UQ offer (I guess a large number of people here should have it) and try to get into another one that you think is better?

30 is pretty borderline at USyd. The lowest score I know of here is a 29.

You know, the deposit at UQ is refundable (unless they've changed something recently). Last year, I paid my deposit at UQ and then just got a refund when I got my offer from USyd.