UQ Traditional 2022 Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yucm2021

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I thought I'd start a thread for students waiting for the UQ waitlist to move. I interviewed in round 2 and was waitlisted. UQ is the only school that I even got a chance to interview... so I'm really hoping that the waitlist moves. I applied through OzTREKK and all I know is that the school filled up in round 1 :/ Does anyone know if UQ carried on with rounds 3 and 4?

If anyone has ANY information about UQ's current situation, please share! Thanks in advance. Hope you all the best! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I applied in round 4 last year and got waitlisted, even though the class filled up in August (I think). So it's pretty safe to assume they continue interviewing even after knowing the class is filled. Not sure about current situation since OzTREKK says "UQ does not share information about the current waitlist, so I'm afraid we will not be able to comment on where are on the list. I know its not fun not knowing, but we will let you know as soon as we hear anything further
🙂
"

In the same boat as you...Also i so wish they at least told us where we are on the waitlist(high, low, where??). I am confused as to why they would continue doing more rounds of interviews when there have already a few many people on the waitlist from round 1 and of course 2... It would make sense if they assessed the applicants from the total interviewed pool to decide who gets offers and/or how they would get ranked on the waitlist, but with the class already full from 1st round, how does the candidacy for all the applicants from the other rounds play in. Oztrekk mentioned (i had emailed them) that as of now, there are around 50 people on the waitlist, and this is ONLY those who applied via Oztrekk, meaning we dont know fully how many people are on waitlist, let alone where we are ranked on it as of now.

Members don't see this ad :)
From the past years, Canadians made up ~ 60 (like 57 ish, oztrekk said UQ tells them it's full at 60 - 65). Even if all of the round 1 students reject their offer, later on, it's unlikely that all of the 50 waitlisted will get offers. Hoping Macquarie pulls through ...

From the past years, Canadians made up ~ 60 (like 57 ish, oztrekk said UQ tells them it's full at 60 - 65). Even if all of the round 1 students reject their offer, later on, it's unlikely that all of the 50 waitlisted will get offers. Hoping Macquarie pulls through ...
I wish you all the best for Macquarie...I heard they apparently are also assessing whether you can come onshore ?(as oztrekk mentioned)... Honestly as someone who is banking on one and only school's chance, and with how the UQ process has been so far (making us hang by thread with those waitlisted offers lol) I at least hope that those who are also waiting on other offers like Macquaire, Sydney, Melbourne, Monash etc. get them cuz I am sure having an assurance of that one COE is gonna be nothing less than pure relief! <3

Nope.. :/... Also no update on the Oztrekk FB page, so not sure if more offers were given today

UQ Waitlist - It looks like one spot for the UQ program has been opening every day and they are slowly going down the waitlist. We have had about 5 students get off the waitlist so far, though none of these students have paid their invoice to secure their seats. Although we are slowly receiving invoices, we do not know when this will stop or if it will continue.
If you are currently on the UQ waitlist, and you know you will not be accepting a spot off the waitlist (because you've a CoE elsewhere or are no longer interested), please let us know and we will decline your offer, so the spot can be given to the next deserving student in line.

via Ozztrekk fb

Hi! Could those who got off waitlist in past cycles or this year so far please share around what time the UQ team emails those? (Just so I don't desperately keep on checking my emails (again and again and again) starting 6pm everyday :p:cryi::shy:)...I understand our initial post-interview results come around our~12am, but was wondering if getting off waitlist is more random times? Thank you :)

Hey guys - just stumbled upon this thread.
I was interviewed in the first round in August and waitlisted because I didn't accept my offer fast enough! (I had to certify my diploma etc. which was difficult because my stuff was in America and I'm in the UK now).
Anyways, I was waitlisted in August and finally got an offer this week!
I paid my deposit asap and got my CoE!
I was told that they didn't interview for Round 3 or 4 this year just because there wasn't much movement due to COVID and University of Sydney only having onshore students this intake - so my spirits were low ... but the list is moving!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Got an offer this afternoon!!! Was put on waitlist in early Sep

Reactions: 1 user