UOMHS Question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kansai

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi-

I will be attending UOMHS this fall and have started receiving info on different health insurance plans. So far, I have gotten plan info from SOMA and the Iowa Osteopathic Medical Association. My question is this: Are these the only 2 plans to choose from, or will I be receiving more info? The school hasn't sent me anything to tell me how all of this works. I'm just curious, as I've been in the corporate world for the last 7 years and am used to lots of insurance choices. Thanks for any info!

Stef

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Stef,

UOMHS sponsors three different plans that are all new this year. Freddie in student affairs just received the pamphlets a couple weeks ago.

I think they're still kinda expensive, but apparently they're better than what they offered last year. Call student affairs and I'm sure they can fax you the information.

Where did you get the info from SOMA? I need to take a look at their plan(s).

Thanks,
Scott

Stef,

Since my last post, the school mailed us incoming students a bunch of info including info on insurance plans. If you have any questions or even just want to talk about insurance plans, send me an email as I'm still considering all options.

Thanks,
Scott